Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glad to hear you got away to escape Oregon and work.

July 21, 2019 11:47AM avatar
Yes, there are quite a few places to get in some detector time in Utah, as well as Wyoming, Idaho, and over here in eastern Oregon. Not quite as long a journey if you stay within Oregon's borders, and as I said before, you're more than welcome to plan a trip over here to the Eastern side of the state to join me and a couple of others to hit some ghost towns. Invite friends or family if you'd like as well. There's plenty of room for folks to spread out and search

Naturally there's never a guarantee you're going to make good finds but the potential is there. So, anytime in the future that you'd like to try and plan a trip, just drop me an email or give me a phone call. Address and number are below.

By the way, I thought I'd mention that several sites in Utah, such as you showed in your photo, have changed hands. Where you were is under new ownership and I hope to make contact with the new owner sometime this summer or fall to find out if he'll Grant permission to hunt his property, or if he's more in line BLM folks who like to chase people off private property.
I only saw you with a detector in hand. Did anyone else put in any search time? Did anyone else make any notable recoveries?

Again, glad to see you made a longer detecting jaunt then normal. Not only can you contact me about having a detecting trip over here, but there will be the WTHO's next year that are a lot of fun and we have quite a few really good people who participate in the outings.

If you're able to plan a trip this direction this year, you might want it to be from the middle of September on into October or maybe mid-November because we are definitely into a hot summer season. I just checked the weather outlook about an hour ago and I'm tempted to head to your side of the state maybe Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday for a couple of days where the weather will be much cooler and pleasant.

I hope you get out detecting again soon, and best of success to you.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Back from the road trip, got to beep a couple spots. Attachments

Jadon_PDX 204 July 17, 2019 12:34PM

Glad to hear you got away to escape Oregon and work.

Monte 96 July 21, 2019 11:47AM

Re: Glad to hear you got away to escape Oregon and work.

Jadon_PDX 83 July 23, 2019 10:54AM

Jobs, trips and visits.

Monte 93 July 23, 2019 06:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018