Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions.

March 15, 2020 11:46AM avatar
You had a terrific weekend, and definitely pointed out the merits of 'door knocking.'

I'll presume you didn't venture too far from the 'greater Portland metro area? I found my first 5 Large Cents in the 'outlying' Portland area, most on private property access, and the last three were in 'Twin Flats' and 'Huntsville' Utah, and the last in 'Lone Tree' Oregon.

It's nice to see that quantity of Silver coin as well, and the 1860 'fatty' Indian Head 1¢.thumbs up

Now, to the Questions:

The Minelab you have is the Equinox 800, correct?

Do you only have the stock 11" DD, and is that what you were using?

Did you Ground Balance at the different sites, and if so was it Automated or Manual?

Do you recall the GB phase angle setting you had for the sites?

Are the photos a combination of the finds made by both you and your friend, or are those your own recoveries?

How successful was your friend?

What detector(s) and coil(s) was your friend using, and how do you consider the performance between your friend's detector performance and yours?

I wish you had the time to take off and travel over to this side of the state to join Gregg & Me in some challenging sites, or to take off the 3rd thru 7th of June for the WTHO in Wells, Nevada.

I hope you still have access to some of the properties you were able to get on and can report more exciting success in the future. All the best to you and those you hunt with.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors from: Minelab '1' --- Nokta / Makro '4' --- Tesoro '2' --- White's '1'
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... MS-3 Z-Lynk ... ML-80
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Week long sabbatical - lots of early houses and fields. Silver and large cents Attachments

Jadon_PDX 219 March 15, 2020 09:32AM

Re: Week long sabbatical - lots of early houses and fields. Silver and large cents

Kickindirt 101 March 15, 2020 05:39PM

Re: Week long sabbatical - lots of early houses and fields. Silver and large cents

OregonGregg 123 March 15, 2020 04:19PM

A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions.

Monte 117 March 15, 2020 11:46AM

Re: A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions. Attachments

Jadon_PDX 143 March 15, 2020 07:06PM

Re: A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions.

Monte 123 March 15, 2020 09:01PM

Week long of beepin'

UtahRich 119 March 15, 2020 11:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 312 on July 26, 2020