Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions.

March 15, 2020 09:01PM avatar
Jadon_PDX
Yes I was using the equinox 800, stock coil. Those finds are all my own. He used the CTX3030, and I seemed to do better for the quantity of finds. Maybe just luck of the draw. Most of those funds were from front yards, but one of the large cents cane from a field site. I did automatic ground balancing, and did not mess much with settings for the minelab. I need to learn what each setting does, but I’ve had good success with just the basics.
If working yards or open fields, the 11" DD can work OK, but I know there are times when the smaller-size coil will work to your benefit. The good news is that you used the automated GB and didn't rely on the default '0' GB which can present some problems.

If your friend used the CTX-303 AND has some experience with it and the settings, that might be a reason for a little better success ... not to mention just getting lucky and putting the coil over a target.

You definitely had a very memorable weekend experience.

Jadon_PDX
Here is his best find of the trip.
Your photo didn't come through. Double-check the link.

Jadon_PDX
Maybe one of these hunts I can make it out with everybody. Got a new truck, so eager to take it out exploring.
Good to hear you have a new truck, and even better to hear you'll try to make it over to this side of the state, or also make the WTHO to Wells, Nevada. That would be a lot of fun. But the several old townsites we have to hunt over this direction have a lot of potential and have kicked out some nice keepers. I do suggest, however, that you come prepared with a smaller coil for whatever detectors you bring. Dense Iron trash can be a challenge. Do you still have the detectors you had before the Equinox 800?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT & IDX Pro
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... MS-3 Z-Lynk ... ML-80
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Week long sabbatical - lots of early houses and fields. Silver and large cents Attachments

Jadon_PDX 213 March 15, 2020 09:32AM

Re: Week long sabbatical - lots of early houses and fields. Silver and large cents

Kickindirt 95 March 15, 2020 05:39PM

Re: Week long sabbatical - lots of early houses and fields. Silver and large cents

OregonGregg 116 March 15, 2020 04:19PM

A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions.

Monte 113 March 15, 2020 11:46AM

Re: A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions. Attachments

Jadon_PDX 138 March 15, 2020 07:06PM

Re: A super Congratulations !!! ... Comments and Questions.

Monte 118 March 15, 2020 09:01PM

Week long of beepin'

UtahRich 114 March 15, 2020 11:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 312 on July 26, 2020