Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Thank You' or your answers.

April 11, 2020 11:44AM avatar
NWCindy:
I used the three coin fast because I'm familiar with it at this point. ... What do you mean by "three coin fast?" The ORX comes with 4 standard Modes or Programs. Two are for Gold Nugget Hunting and the other two are or Coin Hunting. They are called: Coin Fast and Coin Deep. There is no other 'name' with them. The only name association that is common to them is that both Coin Fast and Coin Deep are that they are both a 3-Tone audio mode. Is that what you meant?

NWCindy:
I don't mess around with the settings very much, so it's on 7 discrimination 90 sensitivity.... I also keep my Discrimination at '7' in both my 'saved' program slots, and I 'save' my Sensitivity level at '99.' I noticed some places I hunted there seemed to be a quicker-than-normal reduction in depth-of-detection and general performance when I reduced the Sensitive to '90 or below. ALL my detectors are 'saved' or turned-on to maximum Sensitivity for peak performance, and I reduce that level only when there gets to be too much EMI.

Did you change the Coin Fast Reactivity from the default setting? Change the default Frequency? Every time you turn the ORX 'Off' all of the factory modes go back to their default setting, and that means adjust any and all you want to change each time you turn it 'On.' There are two custom slots: 5 User Coin and 6 User Coin where you can 'Save' your own desired settings and those will 'Save' those settings so when you get to a hunt site you simply turn the ORX 'On' and, if you shut down in your preferred program, it will start up in YOUR program with YOUR settings and be ready-to-hunt right away. you won't have to make any adjustments, just search-and-recover. No adjustment tinkering, unless you need to Ground Balance for that site.

NWCindy:
I did try the Deep coin setting yesterday but I get a lot more noise to discriminate and evaluate if I want to dig something so I really like the three coin fast because I can tell a good signal really well.... Both Coin Fast and Coin Deep are 3-Tone audio modes so they generally aren't 'noisier' than the other, unless ...

I have found the Coin Fast program to be noisier, when using the same settings, due to EMI or due to the choppiness of the too-fast Reactivity setting in some trashy conditions. Also, like all detectors used these days, especially the more modern, high-gain models, you will experience much more noisy when the search coil is swept too close to the ground or targets. There will be a lot of double, triple or quadruple beeps when the coil is too close and that can get annoying. Raising the coil to a 'proper' 2" coil-to-ground distance helps eliminate all the noisy falsing from the coil being too close.

NWCindy:
I like the clear concise tones on the orx.... That is also one thing I like about the ORX, is the clarity of the three tones. Another feature I especially like is having the MI-6 pinpointer coupled so when activated, the detector coil stops functioning and you can hear the excellent Pinpointer in your headphones. Great for an old deaf guy, or gal.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Repeat it would seem Attachments

NWCindy 214 April 10, 2020 04:45PM

Re: Repeat it would seem

Elbert 149 April 11, 2020 08:58AM

NWCindy 129 April 11, 2020 09:09AM

OregonGregg 151 April 11, 2020 08:53AM

Good finds! Curious about ...

Monte 148 April 10, 2020 11:58PM

Re: Good finds! Curious about ...

NWCindy 148 April 11, 2020 08:54AM

'Thank You' or your answers.

Monte 174 April 11, 2020 11:44AM

Re: 'Thank You' or your answers.

NWCindy 151 April 11, 2020 03:49PM

Hit-and-Run ... I'm ready-to-go !!!

Monte 153 April 11, 2020 04:57PM

NWCindy 153 April 11, 2020 03:37PM

NWCindy 136 April 11, 2020 03:29PM

NWCindy 140 April 11, 2020 03:21PM

Kickindirt 132 April 11, 2020 09:30PM

NWCindy 133 April 11, 2020 11:21PM

Kickindirt 115 April 12, 2020 04:23AM

My comments to Joel's suggestions.

Monte 147 April 12, 2020 12:05AM

Re: My comments to Joel's suggestions.

NWCindy 117 April 12, 2020 10:17AM

Kickindirt 173 April 10, 2020 11:13PM

Re: Repeat it would seem Attachments

NWCindy 135 April 10, 2020 07:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020