Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rippville, Rikki and I. ... And another very hot day.

June 24, 2020 09:47AM avatar
Going to beat the heat tomorrow and Rikki & I are headed to Rippville for an hour or two or however long I can last. Hoping for silver or a nice Trade Token that isn't a chewed-up aluminum piece, and who knows ... I might even find a left-over 'V' Nickel that OregonGregg hasn't come across yet! I'll have my dedicated iron infestation team along .. the Nokta CoRe and Relic .. but I think I'll start out with the DeepTech Vista 'X' with smaller 5.7 DD coil.

I like this small coil as it isn't misnamed like Tesoro and White's did. Tesoro used 5.75 to name a coil that is almost exactly 6" in diameter, and White's went even farther from the measurement with a 5.3 Bullseye or 5.3 Eclipse for a coil that measures 6½" in diameter. I just used my ruler on the 'X' model's 5.7 DD coil and it measured almost exactly 5¾" across not counting the thin coil cover. Right in there at a perfect 5" to 6" size-range for dense brush and an over-supply of discarded debris..thumbs up

We're into the upper 90° range thru Friday which is why I'll make a very early detecting jaunt. I hope others can get out for some fun, and I'll report back on my sunrise adventures.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Rippville, Rikki and I. ... And another very hot day.

Monte 54 June 24, 2020 09:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 303 on July 13, 2020