Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"I think I'm done with this place ...." moody smiley

July 19, 2020 10:53AM avatar
Most all of us can mutter something like that now-and-then, especially when we've made a couple of trips to a site we have hunted a lot, and come up short on a 'keeper' or two. Especially when the weed growth makes it a little more of a struggle, and the sun is climbing in the morning sky and we know it's going to get hot, ... soon.

In my case I know my hunt-time is usually limited and I'm dealing with some other issues that keep me from wandering too far from where I park. But as I search an area of the old townsite I am hearing enough good-sounding targets that are smaller-size and non-ferrous, and "coin-like" or "token-like" signals ... but they aren't. I get my hopes up, but end up recovering a small zinc bottle cap, rivet or similar higher-conductive, good-indications object.

Knowing that much of the particular area has been hunted before, from my experience, the past 8 years by me and OregonGregg, and periodically by Remfire, Kickindirt, Zincoln, Goondock and others who hang out here on the Forums, it still amazes me of how many dig-worthy targets just haven't been dug! Not just un-dug by others, but even un-dug by myself from previous hunts in this area.

It serves as a constant reminder that we might get a lot of good targets from a frequently-hunted site .... but we never get it all. You have to put the coil over the targets in order to hear them, and if we zig instead of zag, we can easily miss a 'keeper.' And then there are times when we get down in the dumps and claim there isn't much left and we're wasting our time ... things happen. Sometimes, the proof that good targets are still around can be right there before our very eyes!eye popping smiley

Ever have one of those days? You know, when you can surprise yourself and prove yourself wrong? It happens.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

"I think I'm done with this place ...." moody smiley

Monte 174 July 19, 2020 10:53AM

Re: "I think I'm done with this place ...." moody smiley

diggindeep 85 July 20, 2020 10:45AM

Re: "I think I'm done with this place ...." moody smiley Attachments

OregonGregg 122 July 19, 2020 03:27PM

Kickindirt 93 July 19, 2020 01:12PM

D&P-OR 114 July 19, 2020 11:36AM

NWCindy 93 July 19, 2020 03:09PM

WM6 92 July 19, 2020 04:24PM

NWCindy 85 July 20, 2020 06:33AM

WM6 79 July 20, 2020 12:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 44
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020