Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks for the settings info.

August 18, 2020 12:18PM avatar
diggindeep
I used a few different programs with the Deus on this trip. I used the preset Deus Fast (moderately trashy areas) and Deep programs (more open areas). I also have a relic program based on the deep program filters (for the really bad areas) I created that uses a reactivity setting of 4, 31 KHz, Disc at 6, iron volume 2, sensitivity 90, 3 tones with the breaks set at 53 and 80. I will usually only dig larger sounding targets below 53 because that's were your company letters and troop numbers usually fall. I dig everything above 53, the tone breaks just classify the nickels, small buttons and small lead bullets in one group and the larger buttons, brass casings, larger lead, copper coins and silver coins in the upper group.

I'm not up on the settings, or setting ranges, of the Deus, but I do have a favorite set-up for the ORX. I like to keep things 'simple' and often see a lot of excessive 'tweaking' with some detector models that ends up resulting in poor performance. I know there are differences in some of the ORX vs Deus settings and ranges of adjustment, but here is what I prefer on the ORX for hunting in more iron-contaminated sites and using the 5X9½ DD HF coil. Perhaps you can relate it to the settings on the Deus?

'99' ;; Sensitivity

'7' .. Discrimination

'2' .. Reactivity

'Off' .. Iron Volume

'31.3' kHz .. Frequency

For readers who don't know, the ORX is a 3-Tone function in any of the Coins modes, and has a limited adjustment range for some functions. For example, the Reactivity only offers settings of '1', '2', 2.5' and '3'. I never use '3' or even '2.5' as they impair a lot of performance in the way of detection depth and even in good-target separation in a lot of applications. I only use '2' with an ORX.

The Iron Volume doesn't allow a Volume adjustment, only 'On' or 'Off.'

In my #5 User Coin program it is exactly the same except I have Iron Volume 'On' and I saved it at 14.4 kHz. In a lot of iron nails and other ferrous debris I opt for program #6 User Coin which are the settings I listed. It makes a very good set-up for the ORX, especially with the elliptical 5X9½ HF coil.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Somewhere in Wyoming at an untouched stage stop. Attachments

diggindeep 153 August 17, 2020 08:45AM

Re: Somewhere in Wyoming at an untouched stage stop.

NWCindy 56 August 29, 2020 12:37PM

OregonGregg 74 August 17, 2020 04:33PM

Looks like you enjoyed a rewarding weekend, Andrew.thumbs up

Monte 69 August 17, 2020 04:21PM

Re: Looks like you enjoyed a rewarding weekend, Andrew.thumbs up

diggindeep 71 August 18, 2020 08:12AM

Thanks for the settings info.

Monte 61 August 18, 2020 12:18PM

Timbertodd 68 August 17, 2020 01:48PM

Wyoming stage stop.

UtahRich 71 August 17, 2020 11:52AM

Kickindirt 86 August 17, 2020 09:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020