Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Garrett Apex - cleaning up

September 15, 2020 07:52AM avatar
UtahRich
Abdrew,

I'm impressed with the volume of lead you turned up there.

Andrew does recover some good old military activity site finds. From about mid-'83 thru late '91 there were maybe four areas or portions of 'Twin Flats' where I was finding a lot of those big ol' bullets along with uniform buttons and some insignia. But those must have been 'hot spots' because in all the years later I have only found an incidental button out there from that early era.

I did have the opportunity to hunt a few military camps and a fort site here in Oregon, and a few guys in the Portland Detector Club made periodic 4-day trips to heavily hunt one of the fort locations. But that was mainly from '78 to '88 and it was thinned-out quite well. On private property, too, and I've fund in more recent years (two or three decades now), with newer, younger landowners they are not as 'friendly' like the good ol' boys were at granting access. Back then it was "Good Luck and Have Fun!" Today, if they don't say 'No', it is more like "How much are you willing to pay?"

UtahRich
And while I'm not a fan of breathing in all of the smoke from the multitude of wildfires all over the Western US, I think you saw a benefit of the clearing out of the underbrush. thumbs up

The wildfires in Oregon were misplaced.

They are mostly all over Western Oregon where they typically get a lot of rain from fall through spring. They were needed desperately over here in Eastern Oregon to wipe out the very dense vegetation in 'Rippville', 'Lone Tree', 'Lonesome Arch', 'Lost', 'Switchback' and a few more places we can think off where it doesn't get so much rain during a year. All we are getting to do is choke on the very hazardous gray air .

UtahRich
With all of the fires in California and Oregon, I bet we're going to see some serious erosion this coming winter in the gold bearing mountains as well and perhaps some of the old sites we visit now and again.

Definitely going to be some of those burned-up areas where all of that wet weather coming in from the coast is going to leave some erosion scars.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Garrett Apex 4 hour relic hunt Attachments

diggindeep 102 September 13, 2020 09:11PM

Re: Garrett Apex 4 hour relic hunt

diggindeep 49 September 15, 2020 12:50PM

Timbertodd 35 September 16, 2020 03:14PM

Andrew, I enjoyed the video. thumbs up

Monte 39 September 16, 2020 06:49AM

Re: Good job on the Vid Andrew

Kickindirt 38 September 15, 2020 10:16PM

diggindeep 37 September 16, 2020 07:56AM

Kickindirt 31 September 16, 2020 04:48PM

Joel, I'm finding the audio response to be OK.

Monte 43 September 16, 2020 12:32AM

Re: Joel, I'm finding the audio response to be OK.

diggindeep 42 September 16, 2020 07:58AM

Apex Iron Volume adjustment and other changes.

Monte 43 September 16, 2020 09:55AM

Kickindirt 42 September 15, 2020 11:35AM

OregonGregg 43 September 14, 2020 05:33PM

Garrett Apex - cleaning up

UtahRich 42 September 14, 2020 03:21PM

Re: Garrett Apex - cleaning up

Monte 43 September 15, 2020 07:52AM

NWCindy 39 September 13, 2020 09:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 55
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020