Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amazing Detector Gregg. ....

March 22, 2021 11:52PM avatar
Be sure to hang onto that one, she's a keeper for finding keepers.

Rich

OregonGregg
Headed to Rippville today and met up with Monte. Used the M6 and 9" Detect coil. Finally towards the end of the day I got a nice solid tone, looked at the screen and my M6 said 10¢ on the screen and the 3 confidence were all lit up.

I was like please please let it be a keeper, after digging numerous zinc lid/caps etc. Sure enough, I popped it out of the ground and it was 10¢.
It was a 10¢ trade token. So I walked over to where Monte was and showed him. I also explained that the M6 can do amazing things that the Garrett Ace he was swinging can't do, and he said "really". I said the M6 will tell you the denomination of the coins and it will also tell you the denomination of the tokens as well.

So I showed him, swept the token under the coil, and yep....10¢ on the screen. Why he gave this dumbfounded look and said "that's amazing". I told him it's just like in Whites advertising etc " See What's In The Ground Before You Dig".

Also a first was a little glass button wrapped in brass ( I think)

It was a fun day and glad Monte got out there. All the dogs had a blast in the wide-open area.

I almost got a tear in my eye as I realized this may very well be the last hunt I get to do with Monte before he heads to TX. sad smiley

----------------------------------------------------

Just One More Good Target Before I Go . . . .

800 - Deus
Subject Author Views Posted

Plugging along one single tone at a time............ Attachments

OregonGregg 104 March 21, 2021 05:40PM

Amazing Detector Gregg. ....

UtahRich 44 March 22, 2021 11:52PM

It looks like the end of a quick get-away ghost town era.sad smiley

Monte 45 March 22, 2021 11:27PM

Congrats Gregg!---but----

D&P-OR 38 March 22, 2021 09:53PM

Congrats Gregg! N/T

Timbertodd 32 March 22, 2021 08:48PM

Re: Plugging along one single tone at a time............

Kickindirt 45 March 22, 2021 06:58PM

Congratulations on not getting skunked.

Monte 41 March 21, 2021 07:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 64
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021