Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joel, the so called 'Iron Audio' term is used differently, brand-to-brand.

June 18, 2021 04:55PM avatar
For example, the XP ORX has 'Iron Volume' On or Off. It is not an Iron Audio 'lodness' adjustment, and it isn't restricted to an Iron- range or Ferrous-only function. It's simply sets the audio rejection point four targets that fall below the Discrimination setting. Even Targets in the mid- tone audio ID range. They refer to it as iron, but it affects both iron and non iron targets below the Disc. point.

Other models, such as the Minelab Vanquish 540, have an Iron Audio, sort of, function using their 'Horseshoe' button. If you are searching with their default Coin, Jewelry or Relic modes that have Low- end Iron-range rejection, then you activate the 'Horseshoe' button and that 'accepts' ALL Disc. segments which, in turn, then makes it an All-Metal Accept motion-basef Disc. mode which includes all of the Ferrous-range targets.

In addition, you can adjust the Iron Volume level of the Iron-range targets with the V-540.

Now we come to the Garrett Apex and you have the same options as the V-540 plus one additional choice. You can select the default discrimination modes such as US Coins, all Coins, Jewelry, Relic, and take advantage of there discrimination settings. Some will reject most of the low conductivity of trash, such as iron and foil, so you may or may not hear some of the more conductive low-tone Iron Range targets. Depending upon the search mode chosen, you may not hear any iron targets at all or you may hear some.

If you want to hear ALL of the Disc. segments to have full Iron-range Audio, you simply select the Zero mode of indicating there is zero discrimination for all metal acceptance have both ferrous and non-ferrous targets. Thus you then have Iron Audio.

The Apex allows the operator to adjust the Iron Range Volume level making this model fully functional to hear the presence of nearby iron trash contamination had a reduced loudness level.

Garrett does feature the button-selected Iron Audio response that is best used as a momentary function. It does not work properly when you are in the Zero mode. There has to be some Discrimination in use. This is a unique Iron Audio enhancement that needs to be learned and understood. It is different from what many consider Iron Aiudio to be, as I just described. I only use that function with my Apex devices periodically for specific needs. Instead, I just have my Disc. settings where I want them to hear a lot of the Iron trash in an area

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk ..
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Thinking of Monte Attachments

OregonGregg 136 June 17, 2021 05:01PM

12.5c just flying out of the ground

zincoln 71 June 17, 2021 11:15PM

Re: 12.5c just flying out of the ground

OregonGregg 79 June 18, 2021 03:27AM

Re: 12.5c just flying out of the ground

zincoln 65 June 18, 2021 01:03PM

Re: 12.5c just flying out of the ground Attachments

OregonGregg 78 June 18, 2021 01:52PM

I feel the love! N/T

zincoln 58 June 18, 2021 03:53PM

smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float (Dr. Pepper floats)!

D&P-OR 70 June 18, 2021 05:21PM

Re: Thinking of Monte

Kickindirt 78 June 17, 2021 09:08PM

Joel, you should have given the Apex some serious hunt-time.

Monte 78 June 18, 2021 03:07AM

Re: Joel, you should have given the Apex some serious hunt-time.

Kickindirt 71 June 18, 2021 03:24PM

Re: Joel, you should have given the Apex some serious hunt-time.

Timbertodd 60 June 18, 2021 07:36PM

Joel, the so called 'Iron Audio' term is used differently, brand-to-brand.

Monte 66 June 18, 2021 04:55PM

Re: Thinking of Monte

Utmike 79 June 17, 2021 05:36PM

Utmike, I've been detecting since March of '65, and

Monte 75 June 18, 2021 02:51AM

Re: Utmike, I've been detecting since March of '65, and

Utmike 69 June 18, 2021 08:54AM

Mike, your interest in and enthusiasm in this great outdoor Hobby ...

Monte 81 June 18, 2021 10:51AM

Nice!smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float N/T

Timbertodd 65 June 17, 2021 05:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021