Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hard ground and tangling roots called for the Razor. thumbs up

October 02, 2021 10:32AM avatar
A lot of my half acre property dirty is fairly easy digging in a looser, Sandy type soil, but not all of it. There are some areas that have some some Hard solid dirt is dirt, some with a rock mixture sure, and then there are the are are the areas where we ripped out we ripped out a lot of shrubs from around the house and some out by the back fence. There are still 2 or 3 that need to be removed and even wrapping a chain on them to tug them out of the ground was not easy because they have a very thick root structure.

I had some trouble working those areas with my hand held digger I had some trouble working those areas with my handheld digger but things are much easier now. After seeing the Garrett 'Razor' Relic Hunting shovel I figured I ought to check it out because it might be just the tool. I contacted Joel, aka 'Kickindirt' Since he's the dealer I've been using for most of my business the past couple of years.

The Razor was delivered a couple of days ago just in time for some thunderstorms and rain so I wasn't able to get out to use it until later yesterday afternoon to noon. I'll be back out there in the next half hour to search that area somore, comma and I am very impressed with this Relic shovel. I like the narrower blade because that lets me cut cut smaller plugs and let's me work through the rockier ground or the heavy root structures better.

It's those entangling roots that have been my biggest challenge and the Razor shovel handdles those well with aggressive teeth on both sides of the blade. It is both an attractive tool and very ruggedly built. It is also within an inch of the same length as my cane so it serves that purpose if I'm hunting fairly close to my vehicle because I can't take it with me on a longer walk.

The only thing I wish was different was to have a 'D' handle instead of a 'T' style because with my numbness and poor grip ability this is less friendly for me than a 'D' shape.

If you don't have a good Relic Hunting shovel, or haven't found one you like, maybe you ought to check the Garrett website and take a look at the Razor and any videos of it. A next step might be to contact Kickindirt and get one headed your way.

Time to head back out there .....

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Hard ground and tangling roots called for the Razor. thumbs up

Monte 108 October 02, 2021 10:32AM

Good looking shovel, thanks Monte.thumbs up N/T

Timbertodd 44 October 03, 2021 07:24PM

Re: Hard ground and tangling roots called for the Razor. thumbs up

Kickindirt 61 October 02, 2021 02:01PM

Razor ... Rugged as well as affordable. N/T

Monte 48 October 03, 2021 08:34AM

jmaryt 58 October 02, 2021 05:11PM

jmaryt 49 October 03, 2021 04:13PM

Kickindirt 57 October 03, 2021 05:51PM

jmaryt 61 October 03, 2021 09:20PM

Kickindirt 39 October 04, 2021 11:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021