Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glad you got the photos uploaded. thumbs up

June 07, 2017 07:56AM avatar
Modern coins in older-use and somewhat out-of-the-way locations is something I have had to deal with since about the latter '70s.

You are very correct about pocket watch parts and cases and I know I've wondered the same thing for decades. There were times when a watch failed but the case might have been silver or silver plated, gold or gold filled/gold plated and they held onto them for value, or perhaps some cases were engraved and had some memorable appeal? I do occasionally find watch backs or fronts, but not nearly as many as I do watch innards. And in the past three decades my entire watch recoveries have dwindled to an average of maybe only 2 to 3 per year. This year I am up to one.

Monte

PS: Glad you are getting out, and hope to see you on the 8th for our 6th WTHO in Eastern Oregon! Not sure how many watches or parts thereof will be found, but we ought to see early era coins and other interesting small artifacts recovered. I hope you are among the successful participants, and we expect folks from at least Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon Utah and Washington to be attending.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Makro: Racer 2 w/'OOR' & 5" DD
Nokta: Impact (2) w/5" DD and w/5X9½ DD, Relic (3) w/5" DD, w/5½X10 Con. and 7X11 DD, and CoRe(2) w/'OOR' and w/7X11 DD
Tesoro: Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX each w/6" Concentric and Mojave w/7" Concentric

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bag.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Back to the homestead

Remfire 200 June 05, 2017 01:38AM

Glad you got the photos uploaded. thumbs up

Monte 101 June 07, 2017 07:56AM

Homestead picture Attachments

Remfire 174 June 06, 2017 05:31PM

Re: Homestead picture

NWCindy 96 June 12, 2017 11:56PM

Re: Homestead picture

Kickindirt 137 June 06, 2017 05:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 5 on January 14, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016