Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sorry you couldn't make the WTHO, but glad you got out somewhere. thumbs up

June 13, 2017 12:36PM avatar
A good example of a site never being "worked out" and we can just re-hunt the area and find stuff, or switch to a different detector and make finds since they have a different 'behavior' than other models.

Nice dime and other finds. Congrats!

The Teknetics T2 is one of my favorite relic Hunting detectors when using the smaller 5" DD coil. Personally, having owned five or six of the T2 through the years, I never liked the standard 7+X11+ BiAxial (DD) coil. I experienced the worst TID 'lock-on' with the T2 and that coil on mid-depth to deeper coin type targets. Had much better success on targets in that range with the Teknetics Omega 8000 V4, White's MXT Pro, M6, MX5, Makro Racer and Racer 2, and my Nokta FORS CoRe, FORS Relic and now the Impact.

The T2 DID have a place in my detector battery when I kept the 5" DD coil mounted full-time as it worked well in the iron infested old sites I like to hunt. I did work the NEL Sharpshooter coil on the T2 but that left me underwhelmed when I worked it on the NBPT. I thought it might have performed better, but it didn't do all that well. I just kept the 5" DD mounted.

I might add another T2 'Classic' back into my arsenal, but will only do so if I get it with the 5" DD. Teknetics did, at one time, offer a 5X10 DD for the T2, but I never had a chance to try that coil. If I find one I'll see if it can work better than the NEL Sharpshooter coil. If so, I would prefer it for the closed design rather than the snaggy open-frame design.

I hope you got the flooded basement taken care of and I'm sorry that occurred, especially to interrupt you making the 6th WTHO we had last week. It was a great time with some great people and several good finds. I hope you can make the next Outings.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Two each of the following: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX7

Other Specialty-Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Couldn't make the group hunt but....cool smiley Attachments

Kickindirt 320 June 12, 2017 10:16PM

Re: Couldn't make the group hunt but....cool smiley

OregonGregg 158 June 13, 2017 02:42PM

Kickindirt 156 June 13, 2017 06:10PM

NWCindy 150 June 13, 2017 12:55PM

Kickindirt 154 June 13, 2017 06:09PM

Sorry you couldn't make the WTHO, but glad you got out somewhere. thumbs up

Monte 161 June 13, 2017 12:36PM

Re: Sorry you couldn't make the WTHO, but glad you got out somewhere. thumbs up

Kickindirt 137 June 13, 2017 06:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016