Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sorry you couldn't make the WTHO, but glad you got out somewhere. thumbs up

June 13, 2017 06:36PM avatar
A good example of a site never being "worked out" and we can just re-hunt the area and find stuff, or switch to a different detector and make finds since they have a different 'behavior' than other models.

Nice dime and other finds. Congrats!

The Teknetics T2 is one of my favorite relic Hunting detectors when using the smaller 5" DD coil. Personally, having owned five or six of the T2 through the years, I never liked the standard 7+X11+ BiAxial (DD) coil. I experienced the worst TID 'lock-on' with the T2 and that coil on mid-depth to deeper coin type targets. Had much better success on targets in that range with the Teknetics Omega 8000 V4, White's MXT Pro, M6, MX5, Makro Racer and Racer 2, and my Nokta FORS CoRe, FORS Relic and now the Impact.

The T2 DID have a place in my detector battery when I kept the 5" DD coil mounted full-time as it worked well in the iron infested old sites I like to hunt. I did work the NEL Sharpshooter coil on the T2 but that left me underwhelmed when I worked it on the NBPT. I thought it might have performed better, but it didn't do all that well. I just kept the 5" DD mounted.

I might add another T2 'Classic' back into my arsenal, but will only do so if I get it with the 5" DD. Teknetics did, at one time, offer a 5X10 DD for the T2, but I never had a chance to try that coil. If I find one I'll see if it can work better than the NEL Sharpshooter coil. If so, I would prefer it for the closed design rather than the snaggy open-frame design.

I hope you got the flooded basement taken care of and I'm sorry that occurred, especially to interrupt you making the 6th WTHO we had last week. It was a great time with some great people and several good finds. I hope you can make the next Outings.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
~ Trading Post ~

A place to share fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon and other detecting travels. To rendezvous with fellow detectorists and trade experiences from our metal detecting adventures, opinions on a variety of old and new detectors, share detecting techniques, and discuss potential hunt sites.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Impact w/5" DD, Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 Concentric, CoRe w/'OOR' and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro: Vaquero, Bandido, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX each w/6" Concentric and Mojave w/7" Concentric

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro and Nokta
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bag.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Couldn't make the group hunt but....cool smiley Attachments

Kickindirt 67 June 13, 2017 04:16AM

Re: Couldn't make the group hunt but....cool smiley

OregonGregg 37 June 13, 2017 08:42PM

Kickindirt 32 June 14, 2017 12:10AM

NWCindy 37 June 13, 2017 06:55PM

Kickindirt 30 June 14, 2017 12:09AM

Sorry you couldn't make the WTHO, but glad you got out somewhere. thumbs up

Monte 39 June 13, 2017 06:36PM

Re: Sorry you couldn't make the WTHO, but glad you got out somewhere. thumbs up

Kickindirt 27 June 14, 2017 12:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016