Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For three years now, we had held 2

July 29, 2017 07:57AM avatar
WTHO's (Welcome-To-Hunt Outings) each year. In 2015 were our 1st & 2nd WTHO, and last year we held our 4th & 5th WTHO's that are open to anyone. Each of those years there was one held in May and then second was in September.

This year we he are still trying to fit a 7th WTHO in later this year, if we can locate some sites, but August 1st is next Tuesday and we are running short of time to finalize a location and still notify everyone in advance enough to plan to participate.

This year we had some rescheduling due to the drawn-out winter we had here in Eastern Oregon with heavy snowfall, moving the original Outing dates around. Our April Outing was changed to June due to the snow conditions, and we it into June. Our 5th WTHO was held May 18th thru 21st out of Wells, Nevada. Our 6th WTHO was based here, out of Vale, Oregon, June 8th to 11th.

I had been working on a couple of site suggestions that were in a different Western USA state for maybe a third WTHO this year in September, but was not able to gain access to that private property site for any group as they limited the head-count to four. That sure wasn't going to work. It takes a bit of time and effort to figure out some WTHO locations that can accommodate attendees with nearby hotels or motels, RV Parks, Gas, Grub and other necessities, and with two or more places for participants to 'spread out' and have ample areas to search.

So, since we have already held two WTHO's this year, as in the past two years, I have been busy working on locations and dates for the coming 2018 Welcome-to-Hunt Outings. I hope to have at least 2 outings next year, but I am working to fit a 3rd Outing in... if we can find the right locations and timing so weather will also more likely be in our favor.

If anyone has any site suggestions to share, please e-mail the information to me at:

monte@ahrps.org

or

monte@stinkwaterwells.com

Thanks, and if I can figure out an additional Outing for the tail end of 2017, I will be sending information out to everyone on the WTHO Contact List.

Monte

PS to Del: I was delayed in responding because I was away from my computer doing a little scouting. Sorry for being tardy.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

WTHO?

D&P-OR 669 July 27, 2017 05:28PM

For three years now, we had held 2

Monte 498 July 29, 2017 07:57AM

Re: For three years now, we had held 2

D&P-OR 482 July 29, 2017 08:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018