Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congrats on your outings results.

September 22, 2017 11:56AM avatar
That's three hunt sites that produced older stuff, and I hope you can keep that trend going. It's not all that easy any more to find locations that let loose a dated keeper or two, so hang in there as we might zip through a comfortable fall and end up with another very coil and white winter like last year. sad smiley

I'm hoping not, and wish our current and very comfortable fall conditions will last longer this year, but doubt it. Now, if you chance upon some sites that you feel you might need help thinning out, don't hesitate to give me a call. cool smiley

I enjoy Buffalo's and nabbed two of them on the 8th when working some left-over renovation area from a new playground they put in maybe 5-6 years ago when I traveled back to Ogden, UT. The dirt area is still barren between the playground and the river and surrendered a no-date and a 1929-S. I really like the looks of a Buffalo Nickel. thumbs up You're 1888 'V' Nickel is also a nice find, but I get them more often than the Buffalo variety the past few decades so Buff's are more special to me.

Oh, and I am with Kickindirt ... share with us the detector and coil(s) you used the most/.

Thanks,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact w/7" C., Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 C., Relic w/7X11 DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro:
Vaquero w/6" C., Bandido II µMAX w/6" C., Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" C. and Mojave w/7" C.

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Couple of hunts.... Attachments

Goondock 83 September 22, 2017 12:13AM

Re: Couple of hunts....

OregonGregg 39 September 22, 2017 02:54PM

Congrats on your outings results.

Monte 42 September 22, 2017 11:56AM

Kickindirt 37 September 22, 2017 04:48AM

Remfire 44 September 22, 2017 01:11AM

NWCindy 43 September 22, 2017 12:28AM

silverhound2 42 September 22, 2017 02:25AM

Remfire 37 September 22, 2017 03:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016