Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

At least you got out somewhere.

July 04, 2018 10:23PM avatar
I've been out of luck this past two weeks trying to find any place new to try, and two quick trips to older sites welcomed me with un inviting weed growth. sad smiley I know you wished you could have found more, but it isn't always that you can come up with at least to watch parts from the same location on the same outing. And more often than not, that's exactly what we usually find .... parts.

I usually don't mention specific town names, but you often wear a cap that is associated with ranch predator control of a town with that name, and last year I recovered a complete watch. Took me by surprise because that doesn't happen often, to find a complete old pocket watch.

Come to think of it, on that hunt I don't remember finding any coins, trade tokens or other small artifacts of interest either.

Summer's here but I hope you can make it out somewhere that might be shady and cooler. By the way, was that with the Racer 2 and Snake coil or something different?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Watch this! Attachments

Remfire 255 July 04, 2018 03:47PM

Re: Watch this!

Kickindirt 120 July 05, 2018 02:01PM

At least you got out somewhere.

Monte 101 July 04, 2018 10:23PM

Re: At least you got out somewhere.

Remfire 100 July 05, 2018 07:35AM

Search coil choices and snaggy dense brush.

Monte 89 July 05, 2018 09:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018