Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Indian Head cent find makes for a 'good day.' Congratulations.

October 13, 2018 08:53PM avatar
You're doing well, and I just checked the weather forecast for over that way and NOAA suggests it will be nice at least through next Saturday! That might give you ample time to get out detecting some more.

Matter-of-fast, I have a medical appointment in Boise, Idaho Monday and a follow-up with the diabetic pharmacy gal that afternoon on the way back home. If the weather still looks inviting, I just might make a 2 or 3 days detecting jaunt over that direction and see if I can spot any renovation work or other interesting sites to hunt.

The original Makro Racer has a lot of performance for the value. You mentioned you used the "eclipse" coil. Are you referring to an 'elliptical' coil, and if so, was it the standard 7X11 DD or a mid-sized coil like a 5½X10?

With most of my detectors I use I also like to hunt with the Disc. set low enough to hear some iron targets. The Racer, like my Nokta FORS CoRe, is similar in that the ferrous break-point is '40' and they have a very similar Discrimination adjustment range. I keep my two CoRe devices with Disc. set at '10' to hear nails and some iron. Most nails are rejected with a Disc. setting of about '21' with the CoRe.

Congrats on hitting that century-old mark on today's detecting jaunt. I hope your success continues through the end of this detecting season.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Another good find Attachments

Jadon_PDX 239 October 13, 2018 03:32PM

Re: Another good find

OregonGregg 126 October 14, 2018 08:12AM

Any Indian Head cent find makes for a 'good day.' Congratulations.

Monte 116 October 13, 2018 08:53PM

NWCindy 149 October 13, 2018 03:56PM

Timbertodd 140 October 13, 2018 06:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018