Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tom, I'm waiting to see which coils are coming to do a side-by-side comparison.

June 28, 2020 06:05AM avatar
A 5X9½ DD is one I will compare on a Simplex + against both my CoRe and Relic what that same size coil. I am really hoping for a 5" DD for the Simplex + to take on the very iron-littered places I like to visit.

I don't have another 11" coil equipped Nokta / Makro unit on-hand, but I did compare my Simplex + w/11" DD against an Equinox 800 w/11" DD coil in a few locations using a single frequency to challenge the Simplex + at 12 kHz. I worked the EQ-800 w/6" DD in a couple of ghost towns against the other models in my Outfit, and then parted with the EQ-800. What I have matched or bettered the performance of the Equinox, and in Multi-IQ that included their own Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD.

When they get their mid-size 5X9½ and round 8½" DD coils out I'll do some more comparisons, but I really want to have 5" DD for the Simplex +. No, it might not rival the performance we get from a CoRe w/'OOR' or Relic w/5" DD, but from the performance I get out of the Simplex + I have no doubt that it will challenge a lot of the offerings from competitor's models with a smaller coil in dense rash.

It is difficult to compare a lot of detectors out there against others because they work 'differently' from what many brands used to offer. For example, I hope to put as 5X9½ DD on a Simplex + and I have no doubt that it will provide very good performance for general-purpose hunting. But there's no way it will do what my XP ORX will do with the 5X9½ DD HF coil, especially in my 6 User Coin program for hunting in very iron contaminated conditions. That has out-performed all other makes and models with a comparable-size coil. Easily out-performs them in a ferrous challenge test.

I guess that's one reason why some of us enjoy keeping a few detectors we really like in our Regular-Use Detector Outfit to be able to pick-and-choose what we feel might best handle different site conditions.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

New Simplex Coils!!!! Attachments

Kickindirt 204 June 27, 2020 02:31PM

?? confused smiley ?? ... Now I'm wondering what the coils will look like.

Monte 116 June 28, 2020 04:21AM

Re: ?? confused smiley ?? ... Now I'm wondering what the coils will look like.

Kickindirt 101 June 28, 2020 05:07AM

Good news and I like how they look!thumbs up N/T

Monte 89 June 28, 2020 06:06AM

Re: New Simplex Coils!!!!

OregonGregg 112 June 27, 2020 08:50PM

Tom Slick 101 June 27, 2020 11:41PM

Tom, I'm waiting to see which coils are coming to do a side-by-side comparison.

Monte 104 June 28, 2020 06:05AM

D&P-OR 103 June 27, 2020 10:22PM

D&P-OR 110 June 27, 2020 04:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020