Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One of the few good multi-purpose detectors available today, and in exceptional condition.

June 04, 2018 12:16PM avatar
Just wanted to add my comment to Gregg's post as I've handled this unit and it is in exceptional condition and works terrific.

Anyone who has a different type detector, such as an FBS model they might use for deep silver coin hunting in older parks, ought to give this detector some serious consideration to add more versatility or flexibility to their detector battery.

Matter of fact, since I mentioned the FBS model, the MXT Pro, or in this case the MXT All Pro, is one of the current multi-purpose detectors that passes my high conductive silver coin test. The Minelab FBS models, all that I have tested, the XP Deus, the new Minelab Equinox 600 and 800, and several other detectors even to include a couple in my own personal detector arsenal, do not pass the test.

The White's M6, MXT and MXT Pro / All Pro, MX- 5 and MX-7, Makro Racer 2 , and White's Classic ID and IDX Pro are a few models that all easily pass this test

This is one of several tests I use when I evaluate any metal detector, and I use it to get an idea of how the device will work when I am contracted to find a buried silver coin cache. Not buried in a metal can or a glass jar with metal lids or rings, but a stash of silver coins that are in a leather or cloth bag. As I mentioned, this MXT All Pro will easily handle this test, so you might want to try it with the detector or detectors that you currently own and use.
Here's all you have to do with a sample of the following six silver US coins:

Get 5 silver half dollars, such as Walking Liberty halves, which I use in my sample test, or Franklin silver half dollars. Then get one large US silver dollar, such as a Morgan or Peace dollar.

Now all you have to do is stack the five silver half dollars on top of the silver dollar. With those six 90% silver coins stacked together, sweep your coil directly over them using the center axis of the coil and keep a coil height at least 2" above the ground or above the target. See if you get a good 'dig-me' type audio response.

If the detector you use does not provide decent detection and an audible response on a stack of 5 silver halves on top of a silver dollar, then you just might want to consider Gregg's MXT All-Pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 02:09PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

For Sale: Whites MXT ALL Pro w 950 Eclipse Coil- Nice Cond. Attachments

OregonGregg 238 June 03, 2018 06:14PM

MXT ALL Pro has sold. N/T

OregonGregg 135 June 04, 2018 10:02PM

One of the few good multi-purpose detectors available today, and in exceptional condition.

Monte 190 June 04, 2018 12:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018