Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Nokta Relic and Makro Racer 2 are kind of similar, in some ways, but also quite different.

August 06, 2018 03:08PM avatar
I like the Racer 2, but I prefer the Relic for several reasons. One is the comfortable weight and balance, especially with a mid-size or standard size search coil. Another is the 19 kHz operating frequency. And a third thing is that it feels the same as my CoRe and that makes things even more comfortable when off on a detecting outing with several detectors.

And finally, I like the adjustment function memory as the Racer 2 resets back to a default start up with the search mode, and that requires scrolling to the adjustment feature then changing the settings. Not so with the CoRe and Relic. With those it holds on the last function you were working with making changes afield much faster.

Best of luck tracking down another choice condition Relic.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Fors Relic wanted.

D&P-OR 164 August 04, 2018 05:23PM

A 4th Nokta. Relic?

Monte 134 August 05, 2018 10:06AM

Re: A 4th Nokta. Relic?

D&P-OR 107 August 05, 2018 08:16PM

The Nokta Relic and Makro Racer 2 are kind of similar, in some ways, but also quite different.

Monte 107 August 06, 2018 03:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018