Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cindy, regarding coil interchangeability.

October 14, 2018 02:13AM avatar
NWCindy
I bought a new kruzer and I have never used a large coil is that 11 by 7 but I don't know if it's compatible to what you looking for.
I'm curious now, if you haven't used the standard 7X11 DD what coil have you been using?

As for compatibility, The Impact, Kruzer and Multi-Kruzer and the soon to be release Anfibio series, all use the same search coils with the waterproof connector. However, Ryan is looking for a 7X11 DD for the Impact and the difference is in the coil cable length. The Impact coil cables are short since the run inside the lower and middle rods while the 'standard' coils for the other models have the longer coil cable that wraps around the outside of the rod set. Therefore, the coils for the Kruzer's and Anfibio's are too long to fit inside the Impact's rods.

If someone was using a Kruzer or Anfibio they could use the Impact's search coils, but only if they were of shorter stature because the short cables might only make one wrap around the Kruzer or Anfibio rod ... if that. Sometimes they only fit going straight from the coil to the control housing connection and are therefore loose but snug-fitting and not wrapped.

NWCindy
I would be happy with a 9 by 5 or a mid size oblong Double D coil for my kruzer instead of that huge one.
In the smaller to mid-size coil selection they offer a solid 4X7½ DD elliptical and an elliptical open-frame 5X9½ DD, as well as what has become a favorite for many avid users of a Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer series and what I like on the Anfibio, the round, open-frame 7" Concentric coil.

NWCindy
Maybe you have one of those midsize ones that will work on my machine that you'd like to trade if mine will work on yours
Since you are shorter you could probably use a short-cabled Impact coil, but anything you have for it won't work on Ryan's Impact due to the longer-size coil cable.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

WTB - Stock Coil for Nokta Impact (IM28)

GISGUY 108 October 09, 2018 11:33AM

Re: WTB - Stock Coil for Nokta Impact (IM28)

NWCindy 70 October 13, 2018 06:48PM

GISGUY 44 October 17, 2018 02:38PM

NWCindy 63 October 14, 2018 12:05PM

Cindy, regarding coil interchangeability.

Monte 67 October 14, 2018 02:13AM

Re: Cindy, regarding coil interchangeability.

NWCindy 61 October 14, 2018 11:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018