Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A pause to reflect on why I really enjoy the Anfibio Multi. thumbs up

November 04, 2018 12:33PM avatar
In addition to a couple of newer coil designs from Nokta-Makro Detection Technologies, to include the 'standard' 11" DD and new round 9" Concentric for the three Anfibio series and two basic Kruzer series models, I bought the excellent general-purpose 7" Concentric I keep mounted for day-to-day use. I only need to buy the smaller, round 7" Concentric to have the best coil for handling densely contaminated iron debris sites.

Once I get the 5" DD I can put it up against other makes and models I have that use a 5" to 6" coil in trashier confinements, but until then I have so far been quite pleased with the Anfibio Multi for day-to-day hunting in the typical sites I enjoy. When I get more comfortable with it I'll figure out what settings I will want to use and save in the 5-Tone Discriminate mode, and until then I am quite comfortable so far with settings in all the other search modes. It is just figuring out what purpose I have for a 5-Tone mode and then adjust for it. Until then I'll mostly use 3-Tone in trashier conditions and the 2-Tone mode for most hunting. The Deep mode, also a 2-Tone but with different enhanced behavior, is also put to use on occasion.

Some of the main things that appeal to me about the Anfibio Multi is the fully-adjustable arm cup positioning and the very collapsible rod system when I need compactness. Naturally, the full-range of available search coils was a strong reason to like this new offering. When I purchased my 7" Concentric coil I also bought the AA alkaline battery holder and the ΒΌ" headphone adapter to use my corded headphones. However, for most times when I grab the Anfibio Multi I use the standard wireless headphones that sound better to me than they did on the Racer 2, Impact or Multi-Kruzer. I like the Anfibio's audio.

Also, I feel it is important to consumers that the design progression isn't a simple change to a waterproof housing. Several Anfibio programs have very distinct performance differences you can hear from the Impact or Kruzer models, and on some of the test scenarios I use with every detector I evaluate, the Anfibio Multi shows marked improvement in performance. This is partly attributed to how the Ground Balance setting behaves with all search modes, especially with the Discrimination modes.

I like the grip design of the Impact, but I find the Anfibio's grip to be even better feeling and the contour very comfortable. The control button layout on the system box is similar to that of the Kruzer model, but is now improved as the buttons can be backlighted for ease-of-seeing when hunting in the dark. There are several other enhancements I like, too, that can be very functional.

For example, instead of only providing a Fe Volume (Ferrous or Iron loudness) control for targets below the lower Tone Break setting, you can also adjust the loudness of other higher Tone Break ranges (except in the All Metal and Cache non-Discriminating modes, or in 99 Tone mode which is only for the set Ferrous Range volume). I seldom use this mode (which is actually 85 different tones, 1 for all ferrous range and 84 for tones above the default ferrous/non-ferrous break point) because it gets too audibly bothersome for me in most of the very littered sites I hunt, but I do select it occasionally when Coin Hunting a very open area with sparse metal targets.

But that is part of why I like the Anfibio Multi because it isn't too busy, but it does provide an ample selection of search modes and adjustment features to make it al all-around, general-purpose detector with ample performance.

Just sharing some thoughts and plan to do an evaluation write up on this device soon. If clouds burn off and the stiff wind calms down, I might be able to get out hunting with this device later this afternoon. I hope others also have an opportunity to enjoy some fun afield today.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 09:00AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

A pause to reflect on why I really enjoy the Anfibio Multi. thumbs up

Monte 126 November 04, 2018 12:33PM

Re: A pause to reflect on why I really enjoy the Anfibio Multi. thumbs up

Kickindirt 68 November 14, 2018 05:53PM

Re: A pause to reflect on why I really enjoy the Anfibio Multi. thumbs up

Timbertodd 71 November 04, 2018 12:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018