Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Anfibio 19 and the FORS Relic.thinking

December 18, 2018 12:51PM avatar
When 'testers' were notified early on that Nokta - Makro was gong to be sending out Anfibio Multi and Anfibio 19 units for evaluation and review, I was honestly hoping to receive the Anfibio 19 because I hunt a a lot of iron infested sites and my Relic is my#1 unit for those applications. To my surprise, that is the model that they sent me so I had a good opportunity to compare it with all of my Detector Outfit and especially the Relic.

I liked the simplicity of fewer modes and functions of the Anfibio 19, and I really like the new, roundish 11" DD coil for those times when working wide-open fields and pastures. I seldom do so I bought the 7" Concentric coil for the Anfibio and that improved the balance and performance in trashier places where I usually hunt. Obviously, I wanted to compare performance in the dense iron contaminated sites I usually search, so I put the Anfibio 19 w/mid-size 7" Concentric coil up against my also 19 kHz FORS Relic w/mid-size 5X9½ DD.

I used one model first at a site then swapped units to cover the same general area, and at another site I would begin with the other model and then switch them to continue hunting. I mainly compared performance in the standard 2-Tione and 3-Tone modes, and both used identical Sensitivity and Discrimination settings as well as Iron Volume settings.

The results, or at least my impressions of the comparisons of these two 19 kHz models:

• BOTH of them perform pretty much the same and as expected from their 19 kHz operating frequency.

• BOTH have the Iron Audio Volume that also works similarly to handle the accepted ferrous trash noise.

• The Anfibio 19 is, by design, a little more 'versatile' for some applications.

• The Anfibio 'series' are waterproof should someone want or need that feature.

• The Anfibio 'series' are very 'compactable' with their collapsible rod system.

• The Relic is the least fatiguing and has a lighter, better balanced 'feel' to it.

The last point is the one that caught my attention the most because I need to be more attentive to the weight and balance of a detecting outfit because my endurance isn't like it used to be. Are the Anfibio's heavy or too cumbersome? No, not really, but the physical package design of the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic are surprisingly comfortable.

That said, my test device did have three things I questioned, one being a mode design, and one of the issues was something the engineers wanted to take a look at. It had to do with the built-in speaker performance. I mailed the Anfibio 19 system box back to Nokta-Makro.

Instead of replacing it with another '19' I was asked if I would prefer a production run Anfibio Multi, and having already worked with the very impressive Anfibio 19, I said 'Yes.' So when the production run came off the line I was sent an Anfibio Multi system box. I checked it out first thing, as I always do with any detector, and I will say that if anyone is interested in getting a complete-performance detector, waterproof, able to achieve impressive depth-of-detection, with ample features, a good set of selectable search modes, and a choice of three different operating frequencies that will let them tailor the Anfibio for any site they are searching to deal with ferrous or non-ferrous trash .... the Anfibio Multi is definitely the way to go.

Oh, an additional check in its favor is that the Anfibio Multi 'passed' one of my tougher test scenarios. It's a tougher test sample that can be handled well by my Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, my White's Classic ID and MX-7, my Teknetics Omega 8000's, and my Fisher F44. But, I have also compared the XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Impact and Multi-Kruzer, Fisher F75 and F19, Teknetics T2, Minelab CTX-3030, E-Track and Equinox 600 and 800 models, and they failed to pass this one target challenge.

All that said, there is still no way I am going to part with either of my two CoRe or two Relic models. They simply perform ... well ... and when you get right down to it, that's what it is all about. But the Anfibio Multi gets a very positive thumbs-up from me.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(1), Nokta-Makro:(5), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(3), White's:(1)
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio vs Relic?

Fish N Chips 88 December 15, 2018 12:42PM

How about Anything vs Relic?

Monte 76 December 16, 2018 08:57AM

Re: How about Anything vs Relic?

Fish N Chips 47 December 16, 2018 11:16AM

Timbertodd 45 December 16, 2018 12:29PM

Fish N Chips 42 December 16, 2018 03:59PM

Re: Anfibio vs Relic?

Fish N Chips 72 December 15, 2018 12:49PM

Druid 51 December 15, 2018 03:22PM

Fish N Chips 53 December 15, 2018 04:51PM

Druid 44 December 16, 2018 05:52PM

Anfibio nail board test?

Fish N Chips 47 December 16, 2018 11:14PM

Anfibio 'series' and the Nail Board. ... Naturally, one of my multiple test scenarios.

Monte 77 December 17, 2018 05:26AM

Re: Anfibio 19 may be a good option.

Fish N Chips 53 December 17, 2018 09:44AM

The Anfibio 19 and the FORS Relic.thinking

Monte 44 December 18, 2018 12:51PM

Re: The Anfibio 19 and the FORS Relic.thinking

Fish N Chips 44 December 18, 2018 08:12PM

Re: Anfibio 19 may be a good option.

Remfire 38 December 18, 2018 07:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018