Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been reading the manual and watching videos.

December 20, 2018 12:56PM
I downloaded the manual and have been watching videos on the Anfibio. There are a couple wanna-be youtube stars and you can sure see the bias in their reviews and tests, but there are some that are decent and show the tones on different targets..

I like the tones on the Anfibio, not unlike my T2 or Tesoros in tone pitch, it should be easy for me to hear. I am impressed at the target separation and lock on in some of the videos, but of course it could be completely different in my soil conditions. One guy does a good job of circling his questionable targets looking for silver. My T2 jumps around on the TID so much I have found that difficult to do, but maybe the Anfibio will be better to give me more input to make better judgement. Of course our eyes are always the best discriminator.

It has shipped and will be here after Christmas. I am transferring to a new office and have a week off before I have to report. I am looking forward to getting out and trying the new detector and pitting it side by side against the T2 and my Tesoros. When I got my T2 I took flags and marked off good targets and what I thought they were, then compared detectors and dug the item. I will likely do the same thing. I have had good luck with flagging off a 10'x10' area and seeing what each detector could 'see' within that square. I did that on an old home site and was actually amazed at what I found by slowing down so much and being confined to a small area.

I am looking forward to having a machine which is more capable in park settings as they are so close and easy to hunt. I know the parks have been hunted hard over the years but know for certain there is still silver there just waiting to be found.

Monte when in the more open areas of parks where you can up-size from your 7" concentric do you use the stock coil, or the smaller 9.5x5" DD or have you tried the newer 9" concentric? I will put time in with what I bought first, but it is nice having all the coil options. Honestly anymore even my Tesoros rarely see anything larger than the 5.75" coil, but that 9" concentric could be nice on bottle cap beaches and open areas of parks, but the 11" stock coil and the smaller 7" and 5" coils may be all I need.
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio Multi on the way smiling smiley

Fish N Chips 136 December 18, 2018 11:50AM

Re: Anfibio Multi on the way smiling smiley

Rich (Utah) 91 December 20, 2018 10:45PM

OregonGregg 112 December 18, 2018 09:03PM

Timbertodd 95 December 18, 2018 04:22PM

Terriific decision, and a terrific wife to spend your money so wisely.

Monte 128 December 18, 2018 01:06PM

Re: Terriific decision, and a terrific wife to spend your money so wisely.

Fish N Chips 124 December 18, 2018 08:23PM

A little bit of this and that.

Monte 89 December 18, 2018 08:58PM

Been reading the manual and watching videos.

Fish N Chips 126 December 20, 2018 12:56PM

User Manuals .. Videos .. Field Use

Monte 96 December 21, 2018 12:47AM

Re: User Manuals .. Videos .. Field Use

Timbertodd 92 December 21, 2018 05:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018