Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another nice report, Matt, and I agree with you almost 100%.

December 30, 2018 04:19AM avatar
Fish N Chips
I took the Anfibio out for a relic hunt today (I will post the adventure in the relic forum). I am still digging all signals to learn the detector but starting to figure out the sounds. The digital tones are becoming more familiar and I am adjusting well to them, there is a lot of audio information in the tone, I am just learning the language.
Excellent 'language' and 'tone' when it comes to audio information. thumbs up

Fish N Chips
I am finding the detector really locks onto targets, iffy signals are rarely anything good. Honestly I have yet to have an iffy signal be good. Clean signals are 'good' targets. It locks onto signals much better than my T2 in both sound and TID, the clear notes of the tone coming though from the nails and iron.
I have owned several Teknetics T2's and up to this time in 2014 the T2 was my primary-use set-up for working the very dense iron debris sites ... but only with the 5" DD coil. All other search coils used left me frustrated with the T2 as the Target ID was very spastic and doesn't lock-on well. The 5" DD did much better.

On January 8th of 2015, almost four years ago, I was totally drawn over to the Nokta and Makro lines as I received a Nokta FORS CoRe for evaluation. All of my Detector Outfit went on the For Sale block within 24 hours except for my favorite Tesoro's and a modified White's Classic ID. The T2 was the first to be parted with as the FORS CoRe clearly out-performed it in all dense iron debris sites I evaluated them at.

Fish N Chips
It is like my Tesoros, when you hit a good signal you stop and go wow, that's coming out of the ground, lol.
thumbs up That's why I enjoy my favorite Tesoro models, and why I compare every make and model detector to the anticipated performance of a Tesoro.

Fish N Chips
Setting were mainly 3 tone due to the speed (targets were 1-5 inches deep), frequency 20 kHz, iron volume 1, other volumes 5, discrimination 3 (seems to knock out most nails really well).
I love 3-Tone, and 20 kHz in iron infested places, but here's where I don't agree 100%. I set my Nokta CoRe Disc. to '10,' and Nokta Relic to '05,' and the Anfibio Multi to '03' in order to just barely 'accept' most common iron nails. With a low Iron Audio Volume setting of '01' or perhaps '02' I do not hear them report very loudly, but I still barely hear them and that lets me know I am in masking iron trash and I can slow down and better work the area.

Fish N Chips
I used the 7" coil at the first site, it did well in the light to moderate trash. It was able to discriminate out or give very jumpy signals on most the rusty tin. I dug a few pieces that sounded great, but most I could tell before digging them. It locked onto the brass targets and was able to discriminate out most the square and round nails. A few round nail heads oriented vertical sounded nice tough.
The 7" Concentric is for sure a must-have search coil.

Fish N Chips
The second site was full of nails, it was absolutely littered with square nails and iron trash. I used the 7" coil at first but soon switched to the 5" DD coil. While the DD coil was fooled by the rusty tin a bit more than the concentric but rusty tin always sounds good! I must say that coil is a laser in the iron, it really could sniff out the signals. While I did not make any great finds, any of the brass and pewter pieces could have been something great. I am VERY impressed with that 5" DD in heavy iron!
Yep, and this is the 'must-have' coil #2.

Fish N Chips
The discrimination on the Anfibio is much better than my T2, I find the nails much easier to discriminate out and the raspy/crackle of iron targets is noticeable. I am happy with how it can lock onto a target even in heavy iron. My TID was obviously affected by the iron, but the targets gave good clean two-way signals.

TID is much different that my T2. Brass shells and other good brass targets were coming in around 20-30s (they are 50s on my T2). I just need to learn the #s for my targets, but honestly as I usually do when more off of tone and quality of the signal.
I did enjoy my T2's with 5" DD coil .... until the Nokta CoRe got in my hands four years ago January. And three years ago this January in 2016 the soon-to-be Relic arrived and at 19 kHz and featuring Iron Audio Volume it set a new standard to be matched. I really like the Ferrous/Non-Ferrous break point of the Relic and now the Anfibio as there is a much better spread for the non-ferrous TID range.

Fish N Chips
The collapsible shaft is fantastic, I was able to easily collapse the detector to fit into the ATV or backpack. I am also a convert on the wireless headphones, it will be hard to go back to corded phones on my other detectors.
Well designed physical package, and while I have three excellent sets of headphones for all my other detectors, the Anfibio Multi is almost always used with the wireless set for comfort.

Fish N Chips
I think I am starting to fall in love with the Anfibio.....smiling smiley
I know I did early on, and it makes a perfect fit in my team of detectors. Keep us posted on your experiences afield.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio Arrived! Initial impressions and a lot to learn!

Fish N Chips 390 December 27, 2018 10:13PM

Re: Anfibio Arrived! Initial impressions and a lot to learn!

Timbertodd 223 December 28, 2018 08:19AM

Initial impressions and a lot to learn!

UtahRich 222 December 28, 2018 01:03AM

First Relic Hunt.

Fish N Chips 234 December 29, 2018 08:13PM

Another nice report, Matt, and I agree with you almost 100%.

Monte 246 December 30, 2018 04:19AM

Re: Another nice report, Matt, and I agree with you almost 100%.

Fish N Chips 157 December 30, 2018 10:32AM

Occassional Nails vs Nasty Dense Saturations of Nails.

Monte 205 December 30, 2018 06:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018