Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Occassional Nails vs Nasty Dense Saturations of Nails.

December 30, 2018 06:21PM avatar
I use several detectors where I like to keep the Discrimination low enough to just barely accept nails so I know when I get into some sign of past human activity. It alerts me to slow down in search of a partially-masked keeper. I used to use the T2 and hunted that way, but when I work many of the old sites I like to pick on there is a very dense abundance of nails and other ferrous debris. The White's MXT Pro and MX-5 hunted the same way, letting me hear the nails ... LOUDLY.

Not a problem when nails are only an occasional encounter, and when I switched over to the Nokta FORS CoRe four years ago this coming January 8th, it was also the same with the loud audio response from all targets, ferrous and non-ferrous. The benefit for me, however, was that the CoRe was the better performer when I matched it to theT2 and others with comparable search coils. Today, my two CoRe devices are regular-use detectors in my Outfit because they are so comfortable and work so well.

But ever since January of 2016, when I got the prototype to me named the Relic, it quickly took the #1 spot for the best detector in my Outfit for handling nail infested sites. It worked well anyway, but to its credit they incorporated the Iron Audio Volume function. thumbs up

My Anfibio Multi continues providing me with the same excellent performance while reducing the loudness of nails and other accepted iron trash. My White's MX-7 has a sort-of similar function with Reject Volume and my new Fisher F44 also allows me to reduce the Iron volume.

For serious Relic Hunting in ferrous debris it is one of the better features we have seen added in recent years.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio Arrived! Initial impressions and a lot to learn!

Fish N Chips 253 December 27, 2018 10:13PM

Re: Anfibio Arrived! Initial impressions and a lot to learn!

Timbertodd 168 December 28, 2018 08:19AM

Initial impressions and a lot to learn!

UtahRich 170 December 28, 2018 01:03AM

First Relic Hunt.

Fish N Chips 167 December 29, 2018 08:13PM

Another nice report, Matt, and I agree with you almost 100%.

Monte 174 December 30, 2018 04:19AM

Re: Another nice report, Matt, and I agree with you almost 100%.

Fish N Chips 120 December 30, 2018 10:32AM

Occassional Nails vs Nasty Dense Saturations of Nails.

Monte 148 December 30, 2018 06:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018