Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

j.t. said: "i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort ...

January 22, 2019 08:18AM avatar
i hear ya monte! what th u.s manufacturers have to understand is that "market share" will be slipping away from them,if they don't make a conscious effort to compete ... It has been for many manufacturers for quite a while, and most of those still hanging in there are struggling in my opinion.

..it's obvious the 'turks" want in,and they are willing to listen to avid detectorists to improve the product. ..They hit the ground prepared with a steady pace and have made very impressive progression to set standards in design and performance already!

.. to be blunt,'top dogs" here will just have to take a hit to their "bottom line" (if they haven't already).. Not many 'top dogs' remaining, and I am sure bottoms lines have been/are affected.

.. to "smarten up" (so to speak) if they want to continue to be a viable entity in the hobby. there are many,many avid detectorists who WANT the features and performance that you allude to,and are willing to "switch" brands to get it.
.. Many have and if not, soon will.

i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort .. They should have started making 'stronger efforts' long ago across their entire product line, from low-end to top-dollar models. They haven't. There have been one or two models from White's and Garrett, but no attention to fixing the full line of models to compete. FTP has been able to stay in the action with their moves to reduce prices, switch some models from one brand to another with a model name change, and come out with some decent detectors for the more popular Coin Hunting crowd here in the US, such as the Fisher F44. They have the engineering crew to stay in the hunt, too.

i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort when they experience "shrinking profits", as a result of "apathy", or "lack of initiative."
.. I think some of the remaining US manufacturers are already too late to the party, don't seem to be on top of their model line-up to know what adjustments to make to improve what they currently offer, and the future is going to be a struggle because it's tough to compete with the better prices on available models from some makers, here and abroad.

The writing was on-the-wall several years ago for Tesoro and it was only a matter of time. I think the writing is being scribbled out on a few places as I type and, again, it is only a matter of time.

Naturally, I am hoping there can be some sort of awakening from within a company as a whole, but if they continue to snooze, they might not wake up before the doors are locked.

Just my thoughts.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Hey, Fish-N-ChipsI How are things going with the Anfibio Multi?

Monte 356 January 17, 2019 01:28PM

Re: Hey, Fish-N-ChipsI How are things going with the Anfibio Multi?

Fish N Chips 259 January 18, 2019 12:46AM

jmaryt 220 January 20, 2019 06:46PM

Just a few comments for you Matt.

Monte 252 January 18, 2019 10:37AM

D&P-OR 231 January 17, 2019 01:46PM

My feelings about the Relic & CoRe.

Monte 214 January 17, 2019 04:00PM

Re: My feelings about the Relic & CoRe.

jmaryt 218 January 17, 2019 08:05PM

Re: My feelings about the Relic & CoRe.

Timbertodd 202 January 18, 2019 02:34PM

Todd, I think your Relic coil choice is perfect.

Monte 206 January 19, 2019 02:14AM

j.t., some answers about the Relic & CoRe.

Monte 244 January 18, 2019 09:09AM

Re: j.t., some answers about the Relic & CoRe.

jmaryt 218 January 20, 2019 07:23PM

My thoughts on your thoughts.

Monte 223 January 21, 2019 08:04AM

Re: My thoughts on your thoughts.

jmaryt 228 January 21, 2019 02:39PM

j.t. said: "i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort ...

Monte 237 January 22, 2019 08:18AM

Re: j.t. said: "i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort ...

jmaryt 218 January 22, 2019 09:48PM

Some obvious signs about manufacturing metal detectors.

Monte 238 January 23, 2019 07:34AM

Re: Some obvious signs about manufacturing metal detectors.

jmaryt 187 February 21, 2019 09:18PM

A few observations and opinions.

Monte 197 February 22, 2019 01:54AM

My thoughts on your thoughts on his thoughts. eye popping smiley

UtahRich 230 January 21, 2019 10:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018