Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few observations and opinions.

February 22, 2019 01:54AM avatar
jmaryt
it seems odd to me that the 'big 3" would allow a foreign entity to "better" them on the world stage.
The "Big 3" you are referring to would be Garrett, First Texas and White's here in the USA, correct? It isn't all that uncommon for a foreign entity to compete in a specific market, if they have qualified engineers and the financial ability to have a clean workplace and a skilled workforce, and work with a product design that offers not just matching performance, but enhanced performance.

Let's look at just one function that most experience, savvy Avid Detectorists know can be of benefit if hunting in a variety of different and challenging ground mineral environments, and that is Ground Balance. Not just a factory preset GB, or a modern Automated Ground Balance (called Ground Grab or Fast Grab, etc.), but Manual Ground Balance that provides more full-control of the GB setting to the detector operator.

Now, let's look at some of the more competitive mid-priced models from several competitors, such as:

Fisher's F44 and F19 and F75 series models.
Teknetics Omega 8000 & 8500, G2+, and all the models in the T2 series, including the current T2 'Classic' and T2+.
The Garrett AT series to include the Pro, Gold and Max units.
How about the Makro Racer 2.
The Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic and the 3-frequency Impact models.
And the merged Nokta-Makro Kruzer, 3-frequency Multi Kruzer and the Anfibio series to include the Anfibio 14, Anfibio 19 and the 3-frequency Anfibio Multi.
And we'll compare all of these to the White's M6, MX-5, MXT Pro or All-Pro, MX Sport and MX-7.

Out of all of these models, some of them have an MSRP that is about half the price of the White's MXT All-Pro. Actually, ALL of these twenty-or-more models, have an MSRP that is the same or less than the MSRP of White's MXT All-Pro, and out of all the models mentioned, the ONLY MODELS that DO NOT have a manual GB feature are all of those from White's.

jmaryt
am curious in that in my view, it isn't about finances, as i believe all 3 have sufficient funds to attract "engineering talent". they may simply be content to "soldier" on with the present scenario.
Sufficient funds? I question if they really do have 'sufficient funds' because right now I haven't a clue who White's lead electronic engineer is. I don't know who is out there for them to attract, either. Of the brands mentioned above, White's has the worst, least organized website. Most of their product videos pale in comparison to those from FTP, Garrett and Nokta-Makro Detection Technologies.

Out of their entire current product line, the best featured, best priced and best all-purpose performance model is the MX-7. The reason is everything they offer is over-priced or under-performance compared with the others, especially the Nokta-Makro offerings.

jmaryt
i believe they will "snap out of their 'self induced fog' and once again, make the u.s.a proud. if i was a betting man, i would venture to say that everything that "makro" has produced to this point in time has already been "evaluated" and o-scoped to the ninth degree, with the end resultant that they know what they are doing, and "probably" are attempting to circumvent patents, or attempting to "better" makros engineering with superior engineering of their own.
Nokta was the larger 'parent' company and the Makro brand was owned by the brother of the Nokta owner. Nokta slowly bought out the Makro line and in December of 2014 Nokta and Makro were owned by the one brother, and Nokta had the premier product of the two brands. Nokta and Makro were sort of comparable to the Fisher and Teknetics lines from FTP.

Then last year they realigned the two brands under one name, Nokta-Makro Detection Technologies. And since the buy-out a few years ago, they have had Alper Tozan as the lead software design engineer who has easily proven his knowledge and skills in their progression in design and development in this industry.

I don't now about their financial standing, but I do know their factory is old and very 'dated' by comparison to all the others, and without a known-name and talented lead engineer, terrible videos and marketing, and a less-than-impressive website by comparison, I don't see them pulling a rabbit out of the hat anytime soon to surprise the serious detector users. I'd like to be wrong, but more than just the western Oregon weather seems to be cloudy over than direction.

jmaryt
just some thoughts this cold winter's night here in new england.
And some equally cold weather and cabin fever opinions from far Eastern Oregon here in the USA.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Hey, Fish-N-ChipsI How are things going with the Anfibio Multi?

Monte 220 January 17, 2019 01:28PM

Re: Hey, Fish-N-ChipsI How are things going with the Anfibio Multi?

Fish N Chips 158 January 18, 2019 12:46AM

jmaryt 121 January 20, 2019 06:46PM

Just a few comments for you Matt.

Monte 138 January 18, 2019 10:37AM

D&P-OR 146 January 17, 2019 01:46PM

My feelings about the Relic & CoRe.

Monte 130 January 17, 2019 04:00PM

Re: My feelings about the Relic & CoRe.

jmaryt 135 January 17, 2019 08:05PM

Re: My feelings about the Relic & CoRe.

Timbertodd 123 January 18, 2019 02:34PM

Todd, I think your Relic coil choice is perfect.

Monte 112 January 19, 2019 02:14AM

j.t., some answers about the Relic & CoRe.

Monte 145 January 18, 2019 09:09AM

Re: j.t., some answers about the Relic & CoRe.

jmaryt 112 January 20, 2019 07:23PM

My thoughts on your thoughts.

Monte 129 January 21, 2019 08:04AM

Re: My thoughts on your thoughts.

jmaryt 112 January 21, 2019 02:39PM

j.t. said: "i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort ...

Monte 119 January 22, 2019 08:18AM

Re: j.t. said: "i believe over time,you will see american companies make a stronger effort ...

jmaryt 125 January 22, 2019 09:48PM

Some obvious signs about manufacturing metal detectors.

Monte 128 January 23, 2019 07:34AM

Re: Some obvious signs about manufacturing metal detectors.

jmaryt 94 February 21, 2019 09:18PM

A few observations and opinions.

Monte 93 February 22, 2019 01:54AM

My thoughts on your thoughts on his thoughts. eye popping smiley

Rich (Utah) 133 January 21, 2019 10:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018