Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very nice reply, Drew.thumbs up

January 24, 2019 05:30AM avatar
I carefully read and thought about each of your A:nswers.

Druid
My admittedly uninformed take:

Impact & Anfibio ergonomics look very similar to me, I would have to say the control box layout on the Impact has some pluses, toggle trigger pin point, head phone jack placement, (I concur with you on these features). Kick stand is a little hokey IMO, and another distraction to deal with in the field, Anfibio being water proof should have no issues with lying on wet grass etc.
Both models use a straight rod design and full-range selectable rod-length adjustment. I do like the trigger toggle and headphone jack location of the Impact, and I found the 'kickstand' to be very useful and it never got in my way. It was easy to put th4e legs down to rest the unit on the ground then fold them up to get back to detecting. matter-of-fact, I found it to work so well I got a round-rod 'kickstand' for the White's MX-7which also works well.

The waterproof integrity of the Anfibio can be a real plus for those who beach hunt a lot of live, and hunt, in a frequently rainy, drizzly, wet environment. To achieve that water-tight integrity necessitated the elimination of the trigger toggle and the rear-positioned ΒΌ" headphone jack.

Druid
As you know I use a FORS Relic also, so I have it to fall back on in bed o' nails sites.smiling smiley
Yes, I am much aware you have one of the best iron-challenged relic environment detectors ever made. Okay, I'm biased, but for good reason .... it really is! thumbs up It makes a terrific complement to the Anfibio, or Impact for terribly tough conditions.

Druid
My Impact came to me with the stock 11"x7" DD, the 7" concentric, 5"round DD, small solid bottom7.5x4' DD and the open frame 9.5x5" DD, all on lower stems. In all the Impact pro pack is a pretty nice, well rounded package, If I decide to stick with the Impact I can see letting go of the stock 11x7 coil for a new round 11''DD for the wide open spaces.
I had all those as well as the oversize coil for the Impact, and all of the package and other detectors, coils and accessories were among the things stolen. But of them all, my two favorite coils for the Impact were the 7" Concentric for everyday use, and the 5" DD for the trashier, brushier places. If I had an 11" DD for the Impact I would also have favored it over the 7X11 DD.

Druid
If I do end up buying an Anfibio I will limit it to the 11" stock coil, 5" DD & 7" concentric accessory coils.
Those are definitely my three-coil favorites for the Anfibio Multi.

Druid
Humm.. lots to think about.
I guess I could also look at other dedicated water machines...
If you want a dedicated waterproof detector, with an excellent search coil selection that is complemented by a well thought out and functional array of search modes and adjustment functions, I don't think you should look any further than the Anfibio.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(1), Nokta-Makro:(3), Tesoro:(4), White's:(2), XP: (1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Switch from Impact to Anfibio Multi???

Druid 181 January 22, 2019 10:27AM

Switching from an Impact to the Anfibio Multi is a tricky question to answer.thinking

Monte 142 January 23, 2019 02:02AM

Re: Switching from an Impact to the Anfibio Multi is a tricky question to answer.thinking

Druid 146 January 23, 2019 08:01PM

Very nice reply, Drew.thumbs up

Monte 122 January 24, 2019 05:30AM

Re: Very nice reply, Drew.thumbs up

Druid 95 January 24, 2019 08:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018