Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anfibio and search coil picks.

January 26, 2019 06:39PM avatar
Did you get the Anfibio Multi or one of the other two single-frequency models?

The 7" Concentric coil stays mounted full-time on my Anfibio Multi because it simply works so well. The standard 11" DD is for more open areas with sparse targets. I have a site I plan to use it but it has to be on a weekend. If I don't sneak a trip to a ghost town tomorrow I might use the 11" and work that local site. There has to be some silver coins left out there. (Detecting Update: It will be a ghost town adventure tomorrow. Supposed to get up to 48° there which will be better than here at my place. My 11" work will have to wait a week.)

I like a 3-coil set-up for the Anfibio Multi and, for me, that 3rd coil is the 5" DD I bought from Metaldetector.Com. You mentioned a 6X9 coil. Are you referring to the open-frame 5X9½ DD?

Yes, that coil does work very well, but I didn't get one for my Anfibio. The round 7" Concentric handles all my mid-size coil needs with that model. If I see a need or desire to work an area with a 5X9½ DD I just grab my 2nd FORS CoRe or 2nd FORS Relic because those two units keep their own 5X9½ open-frame coil mounted full-time. My 1st or main-use CoRe and Relic keep their smaller-size coils mounted full-time. Never need to do a search coil change with the CoRe & Relic, I just grab the one so equipped.thumbs up

A 3-Tone mode is how I have my Anfibio Multi saved for start-up and I use the 3-Tone mode the bulk of the time with the 7" Concentric or 5" DD coil. I seldom use the 4 or 5 Tone Discriminate modes, and if a location has primarily Iron Nails as the biggest offender, the 2-Tone mode is my favorite, for sure. That's with any coil.

I think the more you use the Anfibio the more comfortable you'll be with it. It is an excellent product in the Multi-Versatile / Do-it-All detector category. Best of success with yours as the year progresses.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio

Albert 219 January 26, 2019 02:52PM

Albert, how are things going with the 7" Concentric coil?

Monte 135 February 21, 2019 01:04PM

Anfibio and search coil picks.

Monte 177 January 26, 2019 06:39PM

Re: Anfibio and search coil picks.

Albert 170 January 29, 2019 08:16PM

Seach Coils, Search Modes and Audio Tones.

Monte 158 January 30, 2019 10:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018