Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seach Coils, Search Modes and Audio Tones.

January 30, 2019 10:49AM avatar
Albert
Hi Monte , I purchased the multi . I figured the price difference was not a deal breaker plus I scored an excellent deal on a new one . I just purchased the 9x6 and the 7 “ coil . I like the 6x9 but anxious to try out the 7” at the trashy places I hunt . I meant the 5x91/2.
I agree. While the two single-tone version in the series are decent performers, it's a small difference in cost to move up to the Anfibio Multi and have the benefit of all three available operating frequencies.

As for search coils, I do like the looks, feel and performance of the open 5X9½ DD, but since I have one on a CoRe and one on a Relic, I felt the better choice for me was buying the round 7" Concentric. That's my favorite daily-use coil on the Anfibio. I have the stock 11" DD for wide-open / sparse-target areas and I bought the 5" DD for using the Anfibio in a denser trashy site.

Albert
I mostly use the 3 tone also . It’s a lot quieter but I notice that using the 4 tones that it seems to tone out higher on the coins than the three tone and thus seems to hit harder. I know you’re going to say duh the fourth tone makes everything sound higher but still seems to hit harder. Trying to figure out how to change the tones in the 3 tone to make nickels and up higher toned , pull tabs and below middle tone and everything else lower tone.
I use the 3-Tone as my saved turn-on / start-up mode for the 5" DD and 7" Concentric, then the 2-Tone mode gets used with the debris is mainly nails and similar cut wire. I also use 2-Tone as the primary-use mode with the 11" DD in open areas. The next most-used search mode is 'Deep' with the 7" or 11" coils, and at times I will also use the All Metal mode.

I have programs saved in 4-Tone but haven't messed with 5-Tone to set it up, but that's because I don't have a use or need for 4-Tone or 5-Tone modes where I usually hunt. The bulk of my detecting is in older, out-of-the-way locations where nails and other ferrous junk is the biggest annoyance. 2-Tone works fine most of the time, but I also like 3-Tone with the smaller coils to help audibly classify a good percentage of the problem ferrous trash.

Once you set your Tone Breaks in any mode you can go in and assign an Audio Tone Pitch that you are comfortable with for the different segments you've designed.

Albert
Guess I’m getting old and getting harder for me to figure out these new fandangle machines.
Yes, I find myself getting a little more and more irritated .... with me I guess ... thanks to the different features and adjustments options with many 'modern' detectors.

Honestly, the Anfibio Multi isn't all that difficult, once you have decided what Tone Breaks you want or need, then select the audio pitch you hear well. The Anfibio does have a lot of search modes, but I don't use them all. I just determine which ones work for me and that's all I need to know. Then I assign the Tone Break points, the Audio Tones I like, set the Iron Audio Volume lower where I'll hear the iron, but not loudly, and once saved the device is ready-to-go. It's modern but still in the relatively 'simple' category.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio

Albert 264 January 26, 2019 02:52PM

Albert, how are things going with the 7" Concentric coil?

Monte 170 February 21, 2019 01:04PM

Anfibio and search coil picks.

Monte 222 January 26, 2019 06:39PM

Re: Anfibio and search coil picks.

Albert 207 January 29, 2019 08:16PM

Seach Coils, Search Modes and Audio Tones.

Monte 194 January 30, 2019 10:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018