Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BigDog, thoughts about the Simplex.

April 02, 2019 01:19PM avatar
It's going to appeal to us in different ways. Some, I'm sure, will write it off for consideration simply because it is a lower-priced model. Some will want a multi-frequency option, either synchronous or selectable, or want to have a fuller array of adjustment functions.

Then there are those like me who feel it might make a good 'fit' to satisfy my three-point criteria for desired detector models, and that is being 'Simple' to operate with 'Functional' adjustments, to satisfy providing ample 'Performance' for certain wants and needs. They chose a very good operating frequency. Packaged it in what appears to be a comfortable, light-weight package with just enough adjustment features to make it handy for most uses. It's priced to be an affordable 'entry-level' detector, and it is waterproof! That is the main design feature that makes it a good fit in my own Detector Outfit.

I don't swim and I'm not close to a coastal beach where I water hunt a great deal. I live inland, in the high plateau desert region of Eastern Oregon, but I do occasionally get to a river or lake beach for a little detecting. I want one detector in my Outfit that can provide me functional performance when working in the shallow areas of a fresh-water beach should I fall or the detector otherwise ends up taking a dunk.

For my wants and needs, the coming Simplex appears to be just the answer. Perhaps not the performance level of the more expensive models, but that remains to be seen in actual field time and side-by-side comparisons. I have my very trusted and proven Relic Hunting Nokta CoRe and Relic devices that tackle dense nail and iron debris better than any other detector I own, or have tried so far, and I have some for casual urban Coin Hunting models to easy day-to-day urban coin sites.

The Simplex will likely make one of my 'daily travel units' and be great for any water hunting I do, or when light rain showers might have to be dealt with. For the anticipated MSRP combined with the features and value the Nokta-Makro folks seem to put into every unit they offer, it is sure to be a winner.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Anfibio /Impact lower shaft

GISGUY 78 April 01, 2019 08:47AM

Confirmation: It fits!

GISGUY 21 April 11, 2019 08:54AM

Lower rods ought to fit, however ....

Monte 46 April 01, 2019 10:18AM

Re: Lower rods ought to fit, however ....

GISGUY 41 April 01, 2019 02:24PM

Curious about the Anfibio's waterproof design.

Monte 48 April 02, 2019 02:57AM

Re: Curious about the Anfibio's waterproof design.

GISGUY 37 April 02, 2019 11:35AM

Re: Curious about the Anfibio's waterproof design.

NWCindy 33 April 02, 2019 04:40PM

Remfire 48 April 01, 2019 07:34PM

BigDog 50 April 01, 2019 09:03PM

BigDog, thoughts about the Simplex.

Monte 44 April 02, 2019 01:19PM

Re: Simplex

Remfire 51 April 01, 2019 10:14PM

Re: Simplex

BigDog 57 April 02, 2019 05:04AM

Is that confirmed?!?

GISGUY 47 April 02, 2019 11:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018