Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My basic Modes, Settings and Seach Coil choices for the Kruzer series:

April 08, 2019 01:58AM avatar
These are for the Kruzer and Multi-Kruzer as well as the Anfibio series:

Modes:

My most-used search mode is 3-Tone, especially with a small to mid-sized coil when hunting in dense ferrous debris sites, as well as those choked with a thick brush cover or other confined areas. My 2nd most-used search mode is 2-Tone, with any size search coil I use, especially if a site has a sparse amount of trash, and if the primary iron junk is nails or similar wire-iron, such as screws and bolts, cut fencing, etc. The 3rd most used search mode is DEEP, and that's reserved for hunting sites with a mid-size to larger-size search coil in more of a wide-open, low-target environment when it is practical to work up some potentially deeper targets.

Settings:

The main settings I rely on are Sensitivity which I saved at '99' for the 3-Tone mode, and '95' for 2-Tone & DEEP search modes. Going back in the very early '70s I have preferred to operate at maximum Sensitivity as possible, so with modern models I save it at a high setting, then reduce it only if I need to in order to gain stability if the detector is noisy and unstable. I seldom have to.

Then I save the Discrimination at a setting of '03' because I like to hear a good amount of iron targets to include most common nails. With these models a setting of '05' will just-barely reject most common nails if they become audibly annoying, but I might only increase my Discrimination that much perhaps 1-out-of-20 hunts in dense ferrous debris.

Depending upon the headphones I am using and the particular model, I like an Iron Audio Volume setting of either '01' or '02' to keep the iron loudness at a low level.

Yes, other adjustment functions are important, but these are the three most important adjustment functions to me. Also, I almost always search at the default 14 kHz with and selectable frequency unit.

Search Coils:

I have owned and used every search coil made by Nokta-Makro for these models and, for me and my search site needs, there are only three (3) coils I care to rely on:

7" Concentric is easily the most-used and best general-purpose search coil they offer for these devices. Ample depth of detection, and as a Concentric coil you get improved Discrimination, especially of iron, and Pinpointing is also quicker and more accurate. I like this size/type coil as an always-mounted choice since it handles any environment well.

5" DD is my #2 most-used search coil because I spend a lot of time hunting very iron littered old sites when off Relic Hunting. It's a great coil to work slowly and methodically in and around building rubble or any densely littered site, close to metal structures and fences, etc.

11" DD, which was the newer round-design coil introduced with the Anfibio series, is my 3rd favorite coil pick because it works great in wide-open, sparse-target environments where it is conceivable to encounter targets that are a bit deeper and not bothered by shallow-target masking. It's also very good for locating mid-size to larger-size targets.

I used the 4X7½ DD and it did poorly in a dense iron contaminated site with the Impact and Nokta then developed the 5" DD which brought the performance almost in-line with the CoRe and Relic devices. I used the new 9" open-center coil, but it had a nose-heavy feel and poor balance because the rod-mount 'ears' are too far to the rear of the search coil body.

I really like the 5X9½ DD open-frame coils, but I have one for my FORS CoRe and one on a FORS Relic, and since they are a mid-sized coil, like the round 7" Concentric, I don't have a use for those elliptical coils on a Kruzer or Anfibio, or Impact or Racer 2 for that matter, because the 7" Concentric handles those chores nicely.

And then there is the standard 7X11 DD. Every one of those similar-size coils I have, for any make or model, stays in my Accessory Coil Tote because I have very little use for them, especially with the available mid-size coils and the new 11" DD round coil.

For what it's worth,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Nokta-Makro:(3), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1), XP:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Makro multi kruzer settings suggestions

DirtDigger 161 April 06, 2019 09:33PM

Re: Makro multi kruzer settings suggestions

Cal_Cobra 80 May 26, 2019 01:17PM

OregonGregg 73 May 27, 2019 10:22AM

Cal_Cobra 53 May 30, 2019 09:32AM

Kickindirt 119 April 06, 2019 11:48PM

NWCindy 128 April 06, 2019 10:42PM

Thanks for the settings. Any coil suggestions? N/T

DirtDigger 88 April 06, 2019 10:48PM

My basic Modes, Settings and Seach Coil choices for the Kruzer series:

Monte 141 April 08, 2019 01:58AM

Re: My basic Modes, Settings and Seach Coil choices for the Kruzer series:

GISGUY 100 April 10, 2019 08:04PM

NWCindy 85 April 11, 2019 07:29PM

GISGUY 73 April 12, 2019 07:29AM

Yes, indeed! Frequent participation is always welcome.thumbs up N/T

Monte 72 April 12, 2019 07:50AM

Search Coil favorites thinking ... and Sensitivity settings.

Monte 110 April 11, 2019 04:07AM

Re: Search Coil favorites thinking ... and Sensitivity settings.

GISGUY 73 April 11, 2019 08:50AM

Mesquite Nevada isn't all that big of a town, but ....

Monte 85 April 11, 2019 04:10PM

DirtDigger 105 April 08, 2019 10:43AM

Re: Thanks for the settings. Any coil suggestions?

NWCindy 108 April 06, 2019 10:53PM

Thanks for the coil info

DirtDigger 72 April 06, 2019 11:16PM

Re: Thanks for the coil info

NWCindy 73 April 06, 2019 11:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018