Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Search Coil favorites thinking ... and Sensitivity settings.

April 11, 2019 04:07AM avatar
GISGUY
Two things I will add, I generally turn the gain down to around 80. Just to sparky for me otherwise. At 80 I get a lot less chatter.
My two premier Relic Hunting detectors out of my entire Outfit are my Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic. From the day I started out with the CoRe, I ran with the Di3 / 3-Tone mode Sensitivity set at '99' just to see how it handled. I was living in a very tiny town at the time, Arlington, Oregon, population a bit over 500, and had no EMI issues. Most of the places I searched when the CoRe was first grabbed were out-of-the-way homesteads, ghost towns, old RR sidings & depots, stage stops, old school or church sites that were now structure-free, and other places w/o EMI issues.

ALL of the Nokta and Makro models I enjoy using a Sensitivity setting of '99' in 3-Tone. Other models are saved with Sensitivity settings of '90' or '95' and work fine for me most of the time without being noisy. If things get chatty I can reduce the Sensitivity, but I prefer to start out with a higher-to-maximum Sensitivity on most makes and models I use and reduce it if needed rather than start out low and inch my way up a little at a time.

That said, I will agree with one thing about the Nokta-Makro devices, and that is they can provide exceptional depth and target responsiveness even at the default setting to whatever on up from there might please a person. I'll add here that my most-used search coils on the CoRe and Relic iare their smaller 'OOR' or 5" DD due to the very dense iron contaminated sites I like to hunt.

GISGUY
Second, my coil choice for the Multi Kruzer and I'm sure will be as well for my new Anfibio is the 5x 9 elliptical coil.
I seldom use a 'standard' search coil on any make or model, and I've held to that habit really since about '83. I preferred smaller-size search coils and have since about '71/'72, but back in the '70s and the turn into the '80s most of my favorite detectors came standard with a smaller size search coil. By 'smaller size' I am referring to search coils in the 6" to 7" diameter.

Not one of my Regular-Use detectors, and today there are eleven of them, sports a 'standard' size coil. All have smaller-than-stock coils, or my 2nd favorite being a "mid-size" coil. My pick of 'smaller' coils runs from 4" to 6"/6½" because I work heavy trash and/or in and around very brushy environments. Four of the eleven models keep a 'mid-size' coil mounted full-time, and for me a mid-size includes the round 7" Concentric and Nokta-Makro's 5X9½ DD open-frame elliptical coils.

GISGUY
Perhaps I'm just used to that size from my Deus. I always find it a good happy medium in trashy areas with separation, but still gives me some coverage and depth. Coil preference number 2 is the little round 5" DD. #3 would be the 7" concentric, which I admit should be up higher, I just forget to use it more. It is a nice coil though.

Cheers!
In my current array of detectors, they never made a 7" Concentric for the Nokta CoRe or Relic so my #2 unit of each of those models wears the 'other' mid-size, the 5X9½ DD. And since I own these two rock-solid favorite and versatile models, the Racer 2, Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi were a better 'fit' for me using the round-shaped 'mid-size' 7" Concentric. I never had a warm spot for the 5X9½ DD on those models since the 7" Concentric served my needs so well. Especially in the rusty tin environments I often encounter.

Of course one of the benefits of most of the Nokta-Makro product line is that they offer consumers a really great set of accessory search coils to let us pick-and-choose what we like. Much better, in my opinion, than many of their competitors offer. thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Makro multi kruzer settings suggestions

DirtDigger 69 April 06, 2019 09:33PM

Re: Makro multi kruzer settings suggestions

Kickindirt 51 April 06, 2019 11:48PM

Re: Makro multi kruzer settings suggestions

NWCindy 53 April 06, 2019 10:42PM

Thanks for the settings. Any coil suggestions? N/T

DirtDigger 34 April 06, 2019 10:48PM

My basic Modes, Settings and Seach Coil choices for the Kruzer series:

Monte 51 April 08, 2019 01:58AM

Re: My basic Modes, Settings and Seach Coil choices for the Kruzer series:

GISGUY 39 April 10, 2019 08:04PM

NWCindy 32 April 11, 2019 07:29PM

GISGUY 27 April 12, 2019 07:29AM

Yes, indeed! Frequent participation is always welcome.thumbs up N/T

Monte 19 April 12, 2019 07:50AM

Search Coil favorites thinking ... and Sensitivity settings.

Monte 41 April 11, 2019 04:07AM

Re: Search Coil favorites thinking ... and Sensitivity settings.

GISGUY 23 April 11, 2019 08:50AM

Mesquite Nevada isn't all that big of a town, but ....

Monte 35 April 11, 2019 04:10PM

DirtDigger 37 April 08, 2019 10:43AM

Re: Thanks for the settings. Any coil suggestions?

NWCindy 46 April 06, 2019 10:53PM

Thanks for the coil info

DirtDigger 33 April 06, 2019 11:16PM

Re: Thanks for the coil info

NWCindy 34 April 06, 2019 11:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018