Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Almost 48 years and counting .... I hope so and No.

August 11, 2019 07:17AM avatar
When I increased my detector outfit to multiple detectors by late '71, and on to this very day as I am headed out-the-door on a detecting jaunt, I have preferred smaller-than-stock coils about 98+% of the time. By smaller-than stock, with most stock coils falling in the 8" or greater sizes, I've used 4" a very few times, but have almost always kept my detectors outfitted with coils in the 5" to 7" size range. One or two models that I have on-hand might be equipped with something in the 5X9 or 5X9½ elliptical shape, but to me a round 7" diameter or 5X9½ shaped elliptical coil is what I consider a 'mid-sized' coil and generally smaller than a 'standard' coil.

For example, my 'travel team' today that's been in my vehicle for the past 12-15 days includes the following, listed from smaller coil to the largest I have mounted:

Nokta CoRe w/ 'OOR' DD (measures 4.7X5.2)

Teknetics T2+ w/5" DD

Nokta Relic w/5" DD.

Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric.

White's XLT w/6½" Concentric.

Fisher F44 w/7" Concentric.

XP ORX w/5X9½ DD.

I do not have a "standard" coil for ALL of my detectors because some I just have no need for. I do have a 'standard' coil for most of the units in my Regular-Use Detector Outfit, and for rare times-of-need I also have a 13X15 DD mounted and ready for my Nokta CoRe.

The Nokta / Makro Simplex+ comes standard with an 11" DD coil. That's similar to the standard coil on the Anfibio and I know that coil is relatively light and well balanced so I hope the Simplex+ version is comparable. The Simplex+ was designed to operate at 12 kHz, and that is different from any of the Nokta / Makro detectors made in the last 5 years. I was told before that, NO, it will not be compatible with any of the coils for other models they make.

Personally, I am all in favor of using the 12 kHz operating frequency on a lower-cost model like the Simplex+, but my personal desire would be to have seen it come out, at least in the USA and Canada, with something like a 7" Concentric as 'standard.' I would certainly hope that they will soon offer two accessory coils and make one a 7" Concentric and the other a 5" DD. We'll just have to do the 'wait-and-see' routine as to what will fill the optional-coil list.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2019 03:51AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

I'm curious about what you DO or DON'T like about the Simplex + ??

Monte 228 August 07, 2019 04:53AM

Re: I'm curious about what you DO or DON'T like about the Simplex + ??

Rdunzl 176 August 08, 2019 08:36AM

Almost 48 years and counting .... I hope so and No.

Monte 172 August 11, 2019 07:17AM

Re: Almost 48 years and counting .... I hope so and No.

Rdunzl 100 August 12, 2019 10:09PM

So far, I've been reading all I can find and have but one complaint.

Monte 179 August 08, 2019 03:00AM

Kickindirt 171 August 07, 2019 08:19AM

OregonGregg 127 August 07, 2019 01:34PM

GeoW 99 August 07, 2019 10:03PM

I’m curious but in no hurry

Kraemer 106 August 11, 2019 11:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018