Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm excited about the Simplex+.smiling bouncing smiley

September 25, 2019 08:38AM avatar
Due to its delay in release as they were continuing some R&D updates to finish the product (better than rushing to market before being completed and checked out) I had to alter the summer trip I was going to take for some saltwater detecting. But this much anticipated product should be introduced soon and I've rescheduled my jaunt until mid-October.

I've been working to thin out quite a few 'excess' detectors from my Outfit, and have trimmed it down to some of the lighter-weight, better-balanced, and top-performing models for my needs. It's been a little over 13 months since my cervical spine surgery and rehab therapy and the doctor tells me I've managed to be at the limit of about 80% restored strength and mobility in my arm and shoulder. I can tell because I am able to last a bit longer when I get out detecting (other than my impaired mobility and lower back issues) and have really been excited about the Nokta / Makro Detection Technologies efforts on their next model entry.

It was initially named the Simplex, but before the product ever made it to market they renamed it by adding the '+' to it due to the additional features they had added. The MSRP is going to remain at $299 for this "entry-level" device, and to me, that is simply amazing what they have managed to design.

This model was hoped for all season long, but should be out of production and shipped to dealers in the next week or so. Not the most ideal season for many of us here in the USA, but maybe not too bad for those who already live in some coastal beach areas, or those of us who are retired and plan to work in some 'snow-bird getaways' and make a late fall to spring trip to some of those southern regions where we can hunt in more favorable winter-season weather.

I'm looking forward to giving a full report on how the Simplex+ performs after I return from my excursion to a salty environment and, of course, I'll also work in some salt-free land hunting along the way. The standard search coil with this lower-cost model is the newer size 11" round DD coil, and that ought to work great for Beach Hunting and a few other more open and sparser-targeted sites. Me? I'll use it there, but I am really hoping to see a more versatile smaller-size coil in the near future. Something, I hope, that might be close to a 7" Concentric. That would make the Simplex+ even more versatile with the features and adjustments it already has.

Have you been following the initial announcement of the planned Simplex as it has progressed to today? A lot of development to make sure they introduce a final product to satisfy the consumer's demands. Coming soon ..... more fun!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I'm excited about the Simplex+.smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 143 September 25, 2019 08:38AM

Coming soon ..... more fun! .... and even more fun!!

Monte 96 October 01, 2019 01:53PM

Re: Coming soon ..... more fun! .... and even more fun!!

Kickindirt 61 October 01, 2019 05:56PM

Re: Coming soon ..... more fun! .... and even more fun!!

D&P-OR 77 October 01, 2019 05:23PM

Re: I'm excited about the Simplex+.smiling bouncing smiley

jmaryt 82 September 25, 2019 01:15PM

Simplex review

Kraemer 136 September 25, 2019 12:37PM

Re: Simplex review

jmaryt 103 September 25, 2019 01:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018