Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Joel, overall, the Simplex+ has a lot to offer. Correct.

November 30, 2019 06:27PM
Nokta sent me a Simplex as well.
Did my first hour and a half of bench testing, no outdoor testing. Lke Monte's weather a bit on the freezing side and would not venture forth to freeze my fingers off.

I will have to second Monte's thoughts regarding the Simplex. After using the Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi, the Simplex can not compete with the other models. Somewhat disappointed with the Simplex after all the hype etc. posted by others. But, look at it from an entry level point of view, a loaner or a back-up detector, it has a place. Also, to answer anothers post, I would not give up an Impact, Kruzer or Anfibio for the Simplex.

The good about the Simplex is design concept and the high quality construction. Easy to operate and navigate the menu system. Entry level depth and ability to ID targets, for those who hunt and don't want to dig past 6", target ID is decent. Saw the thicker coil ears on the search coil, they look robust and don't think those will break.

From bench testing, have determined:
All metal-threshold mode is OK, seems a bit weak. Personally would like the threshold level dropped one notch.

I like the Field mode, nice and feels natural to use.

Park mode- can't mesh with it, depending upon target and air depth, target tone gets a bit swamped, just not clean. Deeper targets are just a bit faint in volume, should be up a notch. To hear the deeper whispers, you have to crank the headphone volume up. Then targets closer to the surface become too loud.

Beach mode-- Another mode that I would find useful for park and schoolyard hunting. Nice clean audio.

Not sensitive to small foil or small canslaw as many other detectors. Not sensitive enough to pick up small gold, such as a small gold chain clasp or even a 12 grain gold nugget. Does well on small gold rings and larger gold rings and jewelry.
Does well on larger copper, brass coins and other targets. Found the Simplex not good at unmasking a good target near or next to a disc'd out iron nail. You won't hear a gold ring next to the nail.

Target ID are close and tend to lock on within a number or some targets between two numbers, others jump. Tested silver, copper, clad US coins, does a decent job to about 6" air test depth. Any deeper, ID numbers go blank even if you still hear the target. Had a whole pile of coins from around the world, fared really well locking ID and air test depth.

Sad to say, the Simplex is not the machine to locate Canadian - modern day steel clad coinage, poor response, poor depth on dimes, nickels, a bit better on quarters. Too bad, Nokta/Makro's other machines that I have mentioned are superb, some of the best I have ever used for depth and the ability to ID them. A Tesoro would blow the Simplex away when it comes to Canadian clad coins.

Coming off an Anfibio-Multi, you would not be to impressed with the Simplex. If your a beginner, as an entry level detector, its fine to get your feet wet on. For the price, if you put a Tek T2 next to the Simplex and played with both and compared performance and bought based on that, would rather pick the T2.

The large coil is really not the best for my style of hunting, a smaller 7" would be ideal. Hoping if they can pull one off, the smaller coil would perform as well or better than the large 11". Hopefully A smaller coil would not suffer a large percentage of depth loss.

I haven't had been able to take the detector out for a field test due to winter weather to see what it can actually do. An air bench test is not the same as an actual in the field hunting test. When I can get out, will see if my perception of the Simplex will change.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I dig it with a Nokta/Makro product.
Impact.....M-Kruzer.....now Anfibio-Multi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 02:58AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

I've started my evaluation of the new Simplex +.

Monte 74 November 28, 2019 09:13AM

Snow-thrower and Frequency Shift aided my Simplex + work.

Monte 27 December 03, 2019 10:29PM

Re: I've started my evaluation of the new Simplex +.

GeoW 28 December 01, 2019 08:40PM

I appreiate 'Air Test' aka 'Bench Test' reports.

Monte 31 December 02, 2019 07:07AM

Re: I've started my evaluation of the new Simplex +.

SvenS 25 December 01, 2019 09:44PM

A few initial comments about the Simplex +.

Monte 40 December 01, 2019 09:23AM

Re: A few initial comments about the Simplex +.

Kickindirt 28 December 01, 2019 12:02PM

I feel ther Simplex+ really needs at least two accessory coils.

Monte 24 December 02, 2019 06:26AM

Headed out the door at 7:15 AM to get to a hunt site.

Monte 57 November 29, 2019 08:29AM

Re: Headed out the door at 7:15 AM to get to a hunt site.

Kickindirt 43 November 29, 2019 01:11PM

Joel, overall, the Simplex+ has a lot to offer. Correct.

Monte 51 November 30, 2019 01:19AM

SvenS 44 November 30, 2019 06:27PM

Bit of an update

SvenS 36 December 01, 2019 04:42PM

Kickindirt 37 November 30, 2019 10:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018