Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I appreiate 'Air Test' aka 'Bench Test' reports.

December 02, 2019 07:07AM avatar
They can be from SvenS or anyone because I can then relate them to the 'Bench Test' results I got myself. Sometimes you will handle one model and get slightly different results from a different specimen of the same detector and coil. So I evaluate every detector I get my hands on, and naturally prefer to do so outdoors in a natural hunting environment. But I'm not always in an outdoor environment when handling all detectors or making a quick comparison test.

In my den is my computer that is on 24/7 as well as halogen and other lighting. Other lights and electric devices are also doing their job around the house, and being in any indoor environment can present EMI issues. Even going outdoors to test detector performance can vary a good deal, and I have often found it necessary to switch detectors to find one that will work without EMI or with less EMI than another model I intended to use that was terribly effected by EMI at a particular site.

Also, yesterday made a good example. December 1st I had hoped to get the Simplex + to the site of an old WW-II Internment Camp to hunt, but I had to grab something other than a detector. It started to snow sometime after 4:00 AM and my day started by putting on boots, warm coat and gloves and grabbing a snow shovel as we already had 5" of snow, and it was still coming down. I shoveled my driveway and sidewalk, and had a fresh inch of snow in the next hour, and a total of 4" of fresh snow before it got dark. Winds have been between 5 and 12 MPH so all my 'testing' is done indoors.

Even if it was nice outside, I still do a lot of 'Air tests' in my den because I have 14 detectors on my den wall and it's a pain to have to haul them back-and-forth to compare outside, especially when you want to do some side-by-side work. I still load a few to test that way to some hunt sites, but for comparison purposes, I'll do an 'Air Test' because most everyone does them at some point in time. Besides, it helps to know how a detector might perform where there does happen to be some EMI present, and when anyone states they have done an indoor test, I just expect there was likely EMI they had to deal with, even if it was a case of them not hearing the EMI even though it might have had a negative impact on performance.

As for being 'fair' I think in this case it is. It's posted on our Nokta / Makro Forum so there's a chance Dilek might read it and what it will convey to her and her 'team' is that some consumers are experiencing more EMI, indoors or wherever, than they might have considered whereas most who have used the device outdoors haven't experienced the same level of EMI annoyance. Also, that the same user, in this case SvenS, had performance issues when doing 'Air Tests' but then reported much more favorable results when the device was taken afield.

Just some early morning thoughts,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I've started my evaluation of the new Simplex +.

Monte 62 November 28, 2019 09:13AM

Snow-thrower and Frequency Shift aided my Simplex + work.

Monte 17 December 03, 2019 10:29PM

Re: I've started my evaluation of the new Simplex +.

GeoW 19 December 01, 2019 08:40PM

I appreiate 'Air Test' aka 'Bench Test' reports.

Monte 27 December 02, 2019 07:07AM

Re: I've started my evaluation of the new Simplex +.

SvenS 17 December 01, 2019 09:44PM

A few initial comments about the Simplex +.

Monte 36 December 01, 2019 09:23AM

Re: A few initial comments about the Simplex +.

Kickindirt 22 December 01, 2019 12:02PM

I feel ther Simplex+ really needs at least two accessory coils.

Monte 20 December 02, 2019 06:26AM

Headed out the door at 7:15 AM to get to a hunt site.

Monte 41 November 29, 2019 08:29AM

Re: Headed out the door at 7:15 AM to get to a hunt site.

Kickindirt 33 November 29, 2019 01:11PM

Joel, overall, the Simplex+ has a lot to offer. Correct.

Monte 43 November 30, 2019 01:19AM

Re: Joel, overall, the Simplex+ has a lot to offer. Correct.

SvenS 42 November 30, 2019 06:27PM

Bit of an update

SvenS 32 December 01, 2019 04:42PM

Re: Joel, overall, the Simplex+ has a lot to offer. Correct.

Kickindirt 28 November 30, 2019 10:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018