Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comments back to you, Del.

December 21, 2019 03:25PM avatar
D&P-OR
Hi Monte-----I know what you mean about "99 tones" on the Anfibio---it's so "squealy".----I seem to like 3 & 4 tones the best.------
I like things 'simple' when I have a choice, and the 2-tone and 3-Tone audio of those modes on the CoRe, Relic, Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio and Simplex + are all I need to keep me satisfied, work areas I like to, and not have to deal with audio 'noise.' All these years and all the detectors I have used, and the ONLY multi-tone detector I enjoy using is the XLT. I've used other makes, as well as Nokta / Makro, that feature a 4-Tone, 5-Tone, 7-Tone, 8-Tone, 20-Tone and more audio options, and I just don't enjoy them.

D&P-OR
Question: When you had the Anfibio did you use the 5" DD coil on it & if so, how did that compare in our old camps to the small coil on the CoRe or Relic (in iron)?--
Yes. I have used either an 'OOR' DD or 5" DD on every Nokta / Makro models I have had with the exception, at this point, being the new Simplex +. Yes, I compared all of the models afield in Oregon's gold mining era ghost towns, farm & ranch ghost towns, and those really iron-littered RR ghost towns we enjoy. All of them worked, generally better than the competition, but I have both an 'OOR' and 5" DD in my Accessory Coil Tote on lower rods for the Racer 2, if I need them, but a 7' Concentric stays on it just about full-time.

The best answer I can give you is this: There is a decided and proven reason I still have and use my FORS CoRe and two FORS Relics in my Relic Hunting Team of detectors. One 3½" iron nail on top of the brass button front? Nothing yet has matched those two, especially at all three Discriminate settings. Nail Board with a dinky, thin Capped Bust Half-Dime in the #1 position instead of an Indian Head Cent? The CoRe & 'OOR' are undefeated, and the Relic & 5" are about the closest competitor so far.

D&P-OR
----I do think this detector is built like a tank---really solid!----
Yep! Nokta / Makro makes them with attention to fit-and-finish, to be sure.

D&P-OR
-------As to our weather down here---I joked with Gregg about tank top weathersmiling smiley------Actually the coldest it has gotten so far was 34 degrees at night & that was only on one night.----It's usually 40 to 45 at night & in the 60's during the day (lately anyway).-----It was cold & windy one day on one of our hunts & I had a jacket on & was GLAD I had it.-------Del
Just have to tough-it-out, won't you.smiling smiley

I had hoped for it to warm up today so I could get out. Still have some snow patches remaining on the grassy areas, and it's not clearing off fast enough. NOAA says it is 43° and clear ... but that must be in Ontario because here in Vale, on my deck, it was only 38° at 2:00 PM, almost totally cloudy, and enough of a breeze to chase me back inside. They say partly sunny and 45° on Sunday and partly Sunny and 42° on Monday, but with lows in the upper 20's and the ground rather hard already, I'm not sure a couple of sites will be huntable. If it warms enough, I'm going to give it a try.

I know Gregg & I are hoping we have an early and drier arrival of spring than we got last year. it went from a cold winter to a much wetter-than-normal spring that lasted too long, then BM! Right into some hot and dry summer weather that followed that really wet spring and weeds grew fast, tall, and almost everywhere!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Nokta Anfibio Multi

D&P-OR 269 December 16, 2019 11:04AM

Del, you definitely have a full-featured, well-built detector in the Anfibio Multi.

Monte 181 December 21, 2019 07:08AM

Re: Del, you definitely have a full-featured, well-built detector in the Anfibio Multi.

D&P-OR 169 December 21, 2019 09:56AM

Comments back to you, Del.

Monte 158 December 21, 2019 03:25PM

Re: Nokta Anfibio Multi

Kickindirt 207 December 16, 2019 05:54PM

Re: Nokta Anfibio Multi

D&P-OR 152 December 16, 2019 06:21PM

Joel (or anyone)

D&P-OR 145 December 20, 2019 06:56PM

Re: Joel (or anyone)

Kickindirt 144 December 21, 2019 09:30AM

Re: Joel (or anyone)

D&P-OR 131 December 21, 2019 10:25AM

Re: Joel (or anyone) yup wish they did make a perfect machine

Kickindirt 135 December 21, 2019 08:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018