Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My favorite Racer 2 search coil ... the 7" Concentric.thumbs up

December 24, 2019 06:17AM avatar
Dan'o
I know that some of you use the 7" concentric coil on the Racer 2.
I do and leave the 7" Concentric mounted full-time. If I work a nasty, dense iron site I grab my CoRe with small 'OOR DD or Relic with 5" DD. For some other applications with not as much iron it might be an ORX with 5X9½ DD HF or 9" X35 DD coil, and even another unit might be a Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric.

Dan'o
I have what came in the pro pack ...
So do I. The stock 7X11 stays in a box, and is never used. I have the 5" DD and an 'OOD' DD on spare lower rods in my Accessory Coil Tote should I ever need them (usually for loaner use for iron infested sites), but the 7" Concentric stays on my Racer 2 full-time for my needs.

Dan'o
... and was wondering what the gains might be if I got one. I mean, does it give it a new level of usability
Yes, I would say that.

Dan'o
.. or is it just easier to use
Yes, for many places I would say that, too.

Dan'o
.. or is it that much better in certian situations.
Again, Yes, I feel it has its strong points and brings out those of the Racer 2 as well.

Dan'o
I use the Racer 2 in parks and urban areas mostly and some moderate to low iron infested areas and as a loner sometimes when I can get one of my kids to go with me.
You asked questions, and now you've answered them ... all in the same post.smiling smiley You didn't need input, but here it is, and it confirms what I feel the strengths and uses are in MY Detector Outfit and probably would in yours as well.

My Racer 2 w/7" Concentric is in my Coin & Jewelry Hunting Team that I load up if setting out for a day or more of hunting urban Parks and Schools, Playgrounds, Volleyball Courts or Sports Fields. Kids Sand Boxes or seasonal use activity like Sledding Hills, etc. Also, as you mentioned, low-to-moderate iron littered sites, and those might include Sidewalk Repair, Renovation work or Demolition sites.

Places where you need a smaller to mid-sized coil and a larger coil just wouldn't seem to maneuver as well or it is too trashy. The Racer 2 is a very good detector with the best coil mounted for different applications, and I am very satisfied to have that unit in my working detector group with the 7" Concentric coil. Is it the most-used detector I have? Nope, and is actually used a bit less than my favorites .... however, that detector & coil combination is good to have at-the-ready, and makes a nice loaner-unit for good friends and family.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Racer 2 7" coil?

Dan'o 227 December 23, 2019 10:45PM

Re: Racer 2 7" coil?

Kickindirt 172 December 27, 2019 05:23PM

My Racer 2 coil favorites.

Monte 159 December 28, 2019 05:49AM

The R2 with a 7" coil. Attachments

OregonGregg 172 December 24, 2019 02:27PM

Re: The R2 with a 7" coil.

NWCindy 169 December 24, 2019 04:54PM

Re: The R2 with a 7" coil.

D&P-OR 163 December 24, 2019 04:13PM

"Yes but isn't those things heavy???" ----- Nope! N/T

Monte 135 December 25, 2019 09:56AM

Re: Racer 2 7" coil?

Remfire 150 December 24, 2019 11:17AM

My favorite Racer 2 search coil ... the 7" Concentric.thumbs up

Monte 180 December 24, 2019 06:17AM

Re: My favorite Racer 2 search coil ... the 7" Concentric.thumbs up

Dan'o 168 December 24, 2019 06:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 47
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018