Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoRe 1-'15 and Relic 1-'16 .... Welcomed into my working arsenal.smiling smiley

December 29, 2019 02:27PM avatar
Dan'o
Monte:
Additionally, the Relic has the Iron Audio Volume control that the CoRe doesn't feature.

I use this feature and like it.

Thanks again for sharing and putting 'it' out there for others to learn from.

I have used the Relic in some coin and jewelry hunting sites and find the audio very pleasing to my ears and like that I don't have to worry about coming into a bad patch of iron/nails. Its my goto when I want to go out relax and just enjoy the hunt.
I got the Core and shortly after the original Racer, then in January of '16, a year later, I had the prototype that became the Relic by production time. With the suggestions Keith & I agreed on they tooled it up and sent us each a prototype with production-ready circuitry for our review and approval. We did and we did.

I was fortunate to be able to buy back my stolen Relic a couple of months ago and, having two of them, it gives me the option to keep a 5" DD on it for use in my Coin Hunting Team or switch to the 5X9½ DD open-frame mid-sized coil for other uses where it isn't too terribly littered.

It, naturally, didn't bump my CoRe out of my Detector Outfit, but it did add another top-performing device. thumbs up I like it a lot due to the 19 kHz frequency for helping to unmask good targets in dense trash, and especially the Iron Audio Volume to be able to hear the ferrous junk at whisper-quiet levels. And you touched on another point I really like about both my CoRe and Relic devices, and that is they have a very pleasant audio. Helps my the searching more enjoyable, too.

When the Relic prototype arrived I also got the Racer 2 before its release and I really liked it a lot more than the original Racer. The ergonomics of the 'S' rod made the biggest difference, and it is more adjustable than the Racer, plus it has the Deep mode and also Iron Audio Volume. I really enjoy having a new Racer 2 back in my Outfit with a 7" Concentric coil mounted since it makes it a more useful detector. It's in my Coin & Jewelry Team and works well.

I have heard people often ask or just state that the Racer 2 is a reconfigured CoRe or Relic. It's neither. I do like the Racer 2, but it still doesn't come up to match the performance, or the pleasant audio, of either the CoRe or Relic models. I am glad you enjoy the one you have, and I have also put in some "city time" with mine working coin and jewelry potential sites. I think I'll get up, take a stretch break and play around with one of mine that's sitting close by in the den. Just test a few of my sample targets while busy cleaning house and thinning down some excess.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Core vs Relic

Dan'o 139 December 28, 2019 09:19PM

CoRe thumbs up

UtahRich 106 December 31, 2019 12:49PM

Interesting discussion-----------

D&P-OR 92 December 29, 2019 03:31PM

The Nokta Relic, Anfibio 19 and 19 I don't like.

Monte 111 December 30, 2019 10:59AM

Re: The Nokta Relic, Anfibio 19 and 19 I don't like.

D&P-OR 82 December 30, 2019 11:18AM

Kickindirt 84 December 30, 2019 11:26AM

D&P-OR 107 December 30, 2019 01:01PM

Del, you're riht about the used market .... however,

Monte 109 December 30, 2019 06:16PM

Re: Del, you're riht about the used market .... however,

D&P-OR 91 December 30, 2019 07:23PM

Re: Yes absolutely Del a look from most consumers point of view

Kickindirt 102 December 30, 2019 01:43PM

D&P-OR 82 December 30, 2019 02:08PM

Kickindirt 82 December 30, 2019 02:22PM

Re: Interesting discussion-----------

OregonGregg 102 December 30, 2019 08:11AM

Re: Interesting discussion-----------

Kickindirt 113 December 29, 2019 06:19PM

FORS CoRe and FORS Relic ... true proven in-the-field performers.thumbs up

Monte 122 December 29, 2019 10:06AM

Re: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic ... true proven in-the-field performers.thumbs up

Kickindirt 86 December 29, 2019 06:29PM

D&P-OR 72 December 29, 2019 07:19PM

Kickindirt 75 December 29, 2019 08:19PM

Dan'o 74 December 29, 2019 10:40AM

CoRe 1-'15 and Relic 1-'16 .... Welcomed into my working arsenal.smiling smiley

Monte 86 December 29, 2019 02:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018