Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Detector collection .. Coil selection .. and Responses to your post.

January 03, 2020 09:58PM
That little park in Stanfield is what started my hunting in the heavy aluminum trash. I found my first good ring there, amongst a nasty mass of aluminum garbage. It was a ladies Black Hills ring, with a small stone. The type of target that looks like more junk, but you just have to see what it really is.

The Kruzer and Anfibio both came with wireless head phones, which I really liked. I forgot them today. Since the deal with the Anfibio came with the adapter for standard headphones, I used my Whites ProStar headphones for the first time in a year or so.

I remember really liking the ProStars. I can't say I still do, after using the wireless ones. The sound seemed muffled and sort of muddy. I think my next investment will be a set of top notch headphones. I had some SunRay Golds once upon a time that I really liked.

I realize the bottle caps are coin shaped. I also understand modern coinage in Europe can be poorer metal composition than we have in the US, and wondered if that is why I sometimes get fooled by VDI numbers, considering the detectors were built there. I am also digging signals that are questionable.

Good advice about learning my detectors. I can use one for awhile, then run another one. When I come back to the first one it seems to be easier to get along with it.

The only thing I am sure of is that I don't know much. I'm not going to let a minor detail like that stop me!

MULTI KRUZER-7" COIL
RACER2-7" AND 5" COILS
XL PRO
CLASSIC IDX
UMATILLA COUNTY, OREGON
Subject Author Views Posted

My detector collection

scottwyl 73 January 02, 2020 12:40AM

A Detector collection .. Coil selection .. and Responses to your post.

Monte 70 January 02, 2020 09:20AM

Re: A Detector collection .. Coil selection .. and Responses to your post.

scottwyl 37 January 03, 2020 09:58PM

Re: A Detector collection .. headphones

Kickindirt 39 January 04, 2020 09:29AM

Back to you, Scott.

Monte 52 January 04, 2020 03:26AM

Re: Back to you, Scott.

scottwyl 29 January 05, 2020 09:31PM

Re: Back to you, Scott.

Kickindirt 25 January 05, 2020 11:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018