Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I hear what you're saying, but ....

January 28, 2020 09:52PM avatar
Memories can be a wonderful thing to enjoy, and I have fond ones of those days when I was younger and far more maneuverable when I often hiked into some choice places for a day of detecting. The detectors I had and used back then were a bit on the bulkier and heavier side, but I made it to and back by either hand-carrying the detector with gear and grub in a back-pack, or I used one of those long zippered bags with a shoulder strap. I was glad when the time rolled around in late '83 when I could tote a light-weight Tesoro Silver Sabre to reduce the weight and take advantages of the smaller size.

Even then, however, I still preferred a more featured or 'up-the line' model. Today, health and mobility are different, but we do have some good choices available for such explorations, and I have no doubt that I could get a Simplex+ into a site without much of an issue. it can collapse nicely, and I am sure I could fit it into a back-pack even with the hand-grip and system box/display. I always pamper my gear so I'n be careful doing it, but it can be done.

Other than compatibility, I will have to agree with you.

WM6:
Additionally I am really missing smaller coil (about 6").... I'd like a 5" DD for dense iron debris, and a 7" open-frame Concentric for 'general-purpose' use.

All other Simplex features are great
... Yes, indeed. A really fantastic detector in features and performance without even considering the price-point.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Loss of Nickels---Simplex

SvenS 273 January 03, 2020 03:38AM

Here are photos I made of the test I did to get the results I posted below. Attachments

Monte 234 January 04, 2020 02:41AM

Re: Loss of Nickels---Simplex

Kickindirt 196 January 03, 2020 11:06AM

Joel, check the post I just made above w/photos. N/T

Monte 125 January 04, 2020 02:42AM

Re: Joel, check the post I just made above w/photos.

Kickindirt 136 January 04, 2020 08:20AM

Yes, from my post below ----

Monte 145 January 05, 2020 11:09AM

Re: Yes, from my post below ----

Kickindirt 111 January 05, 2020 12:40PM

Back to you about the video and Simplex+ test. Attachments

Monte 137 January 05, 2020 06:25PM

Re: Back to you about the video and Simplex+ test.

Kickindirt 149 January 05, 2020 10:38PM

What should be changed / improved with Simplex from my poit of view

WM6 98 January 28, 2020 12:54PM

I hear what you're saying, but ....

Monte 73 January 28, 2020 09:52PM

A response and a PM reply, too. (It hits the 5ยข coin just fine!) Attachments

Monte 190 January 03, 2020 09:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018