Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An old friend is back on the Team.thumbs up

March 15, 2020 09:06AM avatar
After thinning down enough of my excess and duplicate detectors, and to prepare for the coming 'Detecting Season' I bought a new Nokta Impact with the important and useful 7" Concentric and 5" DD coils. As I have for the past year, I bought it through Joel, better known on the Forums as 'Kickindit', and now I'm ready-to-go!

I feel very comfortable knowing I have my four dedicated Relic Hunting units at-the-ready (Nokta CoRe w/'OOR', CoRe w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD and a Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric). For Coin Hunting parks and such I am also set. (Nokta / Makro Simplex+ w/11" DD, until we get smaller coils, and a Tesoro Silver Sabre µMAX mainly for tot-lots plus a Minelab Vanquish 540 w/9X12 DD for certain open areas).

But now I have a very versatile 'Cross-Over' Team of detectors for Coin Hunting, Relic Hunting and for 'scouting' work, etc. (My Impact w/7" Concentric and Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD). Both have their strong points, but the very versatile Impact has command of most needs since I have Selectable Frequency plus Ground Balance capability, complemented by Iron Audio Volume control and the ability to accept it ALL in any Disc. mode while handling the ground conditions.

I was really enjoying the Impact that was later stolen, and did have my 'back-up' Impact that, in a weak moment, I parted with a couple of years ago. I just had too many detectors, too many health issues, and that was before having the cervical spine surgery when I wasn't doing well.

My Regular-Use Detector Outfit is just about settled and organized now. It would take something absolutely spectacular to cause me to get one or make other adjustment in my current team-of-detectors. They all work well, provide the performance I need to cover any type of hunting I plan to do, and I have all the necessary search coils for them ... with the exception of smaller coils for the Simplex+. Just need some decent detecting weather to return. Monte Jr. and his family just moved to a house in the country on two acres, and we're doing a Yard Sale out there next weekend. Maybe I'll get set up Friday then do some detecting around his property to 'break in' my new Impact and tweak a few of the settings for the modes I use.

I hope all readers are on good terms with their detectors and all can get along well as 'friends.' That's how I am with my terrific 'team' and now I only need a weather guy or gal to order up some pleasant weather for spring hunting. I'll put in an order for all of you as well.

By the way, if you've never used an Impact, and if you're the kind of person who likes to have more operator control of the operating frequency for specific applications, you ought to check one out.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

An old friend is back on the Team.thumbs up

Monte 209 March 15, 2020 09:06AM

Hey, Kickindirt ... Weather Covers needed!

Monte 113 March 17, 2020 08:29AM

Re: Hey, Kickindirt ... Weather Covers needed!

Kickindirt 105 March 17, 2020 10:06AM

Nokta / Makro are perfect.thumbs up I'm not into 'aftermarket' stuff. N/T

Monte 84 March 17, 2020 01:26PM

"Senior Moment"??

D&P-OR 123 March 17, 2020 09:00AM

Not sure? I don't remember. N/T

Monte 81 March 17, 2020 01:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018