Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey, Joel.

March 23, 2020 02:33AM avatar
Kickindirt
Just wondering how the covers for impact fit and if they are any good? Now all you need is a second impact with the new 11" coil and the 5x9" coil!! Ha ha then prob a second set of covers lol

The environmental covers are supposed to arrive today, Monday. I'll let you know, but they should be similar to those that I had on my stolen Impact. I like to pamper my gear and there are now two lots I'm working where they are demolishing th houses and taking out trees, leveling the land, and the loose dirt sure makes a dusty mess of things. I've been using my CoRe and 540 and Relic because they have protective covers. I'll hit them later today, if the storm doesn't arrive early with the high winds they forecast ... and once the covers are in place.

Well, a 2nd Impact would be a consideration .... IF I didn't already have the needs covered.

My main-use search coils for trashier places are the smaller-size coils. I have the Nokta CoRe w/'OOR' DD and Relic w/5" DD and a 6" Concentric on a Tesoro Bandido II µMAX.

In the mid-size coil category, for low-to-modest trashy sites, and also for use in 'Scouting' an area, I like the mid-size coils and I have that covered with the 2nd CoRe w/5X9½ DD, Minelab Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD, and my Impact with the 7" Concentric mounted.

I don't use larger-size search coils all that often, except for wide-open grassy parks, a plowed field or rangeland / pastureland, etc., and for that I have two detectors at-the-ready, to include my 2nd Vanquish 540 w/9X12 DD and Simplex + w/round 11" DD.

I really don't need the 5X9½ DD on an Impact, and I have the 5" DD in my Accessory Coil Tote just incase. IF, and I say IF I experienced another case of stolen detectors, or had a brain-fart moment and sold my 2 CoRe and 1 Relic .... THEN I would get a 2nd Impact just to keep the 5" DD mounted to complement the 7" Concentric. Another consideration is when they get smaller-size coils out for the Simplex +, IF I find a good coil match-up for it and the types of places I usually hunt, THEN I might consider a 2nd Impact with the round 11" DD for my other bigger-coil need.

Should I decide on another new detector, you know I'll contact you as my Dealer for such a purchase.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Hey Monte!!

Kickindirt 224 March 22, 2020 11:12PM

Hey, Joel.

Monte 207 March 23, 2020 02:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 45
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020