Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best answer

April 16, 2020 07:13AM avatar
Drew, I just read a post that Monte posted on another topic and stole a sentence out of it. I feel this best answers why I like the Core;

"Certain makes and models just 'click' and we have a useful want for them or specific need for them, and it might be different from what someone else happens to like."

Although the Core is on the more "basic" side compared to other machines, it just works well for me. It "clicks" most my buttons smiling smiley

It balances very well, it runs on 4 alkaline batteries ( or rechargeable AA batteries) Nokta/Makro going forward has started this waterproof every machine craze, which I dislike. I don't need or desire a waterproof machine, but for them to make those, it requires additional weight in the waterproofing, everything is jammed in the control housing battery included. All the weight is at your grip point and forwards causing their machines to be more nose-heavy than needs to be.

Everything has to be plugged in at the control housing and or adapters are needed if using say my Pro Stars headphones etc. I like my batteries under the arm cup as well as plugging my headphones in that area as well. They haven't build a machine after (or before) the CoRe that can outperform it with the small coil so there is no interest for me in their latest offerings.

I have stocked away several Racer 2's and Fors CoRe's to get me well into the future. They work great today and I'm sure they will work just as well in the future smiling smiley

Maybe someday if Nokta wants to build a good "normal" landbased machine and maybe put it in a nice physical package kinda like a Vanquish machine and give me the performance my CoRe has out fighting the dense iron site ....and add iron audio volume, I will take a look. Until then I am about done with Nokta/Makro. I got what I needed from them and they aren't making anything now that piques my interest.

The only suggestion I can give is if the Core has ya curious, get one and try it. You can prob get a good used one at a decent price now. Then you will form your own opinion rather you like the machine or not........and that is the one that really counts smiling smiley

CoRe,Relic & Racers
MXT All Pro & M6
Subject Author Views Posted

Existing Impact & Relic owner, convince me I should get a FORS CORE before they are gone

Druid 222 April 15, 2020 11:38AM

Drew, I have two appointments but will respond later today. N/T

Monte 133 April 16, 2020 07:29AM

Re: Existing Impact & Relic owner, convince me I should get a FORS CORE before they are gone

OregonGregg 188 April 15, 2020 03:38PM

Re: Existing Impact & Relic owner, convince me I should get a FORS CORE before they are gone

Druid 161 April 15, 2020 08:00PM

Best answer

OregonGregg 176 April 16, 2020 07:13AM

Re: Best answer (dead Impact)angry smiley

Druid 176 April 17, 2020 09:06AM

SvenS 157 April 17, 2020 03:39PM

Druid 106 June 03, 2020 04:02PM

jmaryt 157 April 17, 2020 02:39PM

Kickindirt 153 April 17, 2020 10:03AM

Druid 162 April 17, 2020 12:52PM

D&P-OR 159 April 17, 2020 09:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020