Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'll update later today. However, they missed two things.sad smiley

April 18, 2020 12:12AM avatar
What I hoped for was:

1.. Add FULL-Disc. range Accept and Reject to the Beach mode so it included the Ferrous range (first 3 segments) as the user desired.

2.. ADD Iron Audio Volume to the Beach mode so we could then adjust the Volume (loudness) of the Ferrous-range segments.

The Simplex + was a lot of detector just the way it came. Looks at all they added to these sets of Updates and it sure seems like my two requests would have been easy adjustments or changes to make. Of the Disc. mode settings, I use Park only when in trashier sites and we need the right smaller-size coils for those tasks. Otherwise, I have my Simplex + set to turn-on in the Beach mode because that's the mode I use most often.

Why Beach mode? Because with the 11" DD coil I grab the Simplex + for wide-open grassy parks where there is minimal trash, and also for some sports fields. It's also a handy grab-and-go for working plowed fields, pastureland or rangeland, and any other places where there is potential for some slightly deeper desired targets and a reduced amount of masking trash.

One main reason is because I like to listen for Ferrous debris at any site so I can slow-down and work around it to try and find partially-masked keepers. Therefore, to hear the presence of Iron I have ALL of the Discriminate modes adjusted to Accept ALL Disc. segments, and that includes the Beach mode. NO rejection unless I reject a segment or two if things get really annoying.

And the other main reason I like the Beach mode is because it doesn't have the VCO enhanced audio like the Field mode, and on the mid-depth and deeper targets I hear a much better audio response. I use Beach mode in most of the open areas I hunt with it probably 80% of the time. I do switch to Field mode at times when there are too many Iron Nails or other ferrous debris because I have Iron Audio Volume in Field mode set to Level '1' to soften the blow of those encounters.

Thus, I'd like to have been able to easily adjust lower to Accept or reject each Disc. segment and then be able to have Iron Audio Volume in the Beach mode. Otherwise, the new updates will likely be good, but the best-of-the-best is extending the Time-Out on the adjustment function.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Simplex Update Released April 17 2020

SvenS 78 April 17, 2020 03:37PM

I'll update later today. However, they missed two things.sad smiley

Monte 75 April 18, 2020 12:12AM

Re: I'll update later today. However, they missed two things.sad smiley

SvenS 61 April 18, 2020 04:59AM

New Park - Old Park and the Field and Beach modes.

Monte 55 April 18, 2020 06:13AM

Re: New Park - Old Park and the Field and Beach modes.

SvenS 69 April 18, 2020 09:40AM

I just got home and have my Simplex + + on the back seat.

Monte 56 April 18, 2020 06:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018