Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I just got home and have my Simplex + + on the back seat.

April 18, 2020 06:35PM avatar
I'll take it in the house and work with it for the next half hour or so to get all my settings back in, since the update put everything back to default. That means I have to go back in and accept the first three disc segments for the Beach mode, and then take care of all the other modes in programs.

OregonGregg and I kept our vehicles a socially acceptable half mile apart today so the one in the rear wouldn't be choking on the dust from the dirt roads. We headed up to a couple of ghost towns for some detecting, passing people who are down on the bank of the Reservoir fishing, hand waving to other people passing by with camp trailers, boats, four wheelers and whatever else they had heading out to have fun.

Of course those with the boats and the trailers were kind of big so Greg and I pulled off to the side of the road to keep at least a 6ft distance well they drove past.

I used a very brief amount of time today, about 10 to 15 minutes, to decide there's a detector I'm going to thin from my outfit. I put it back in the vehicle, and grab my Vanquish 540 with 5 by 8 double D coil. I was wishing I could have grabbed my Simplex + to hunt that old site, but not with an 11 inch Double D coil.

It was a terrific device the way it came, and when I get done evaluating the update this evening I'll have my updated thoughts as well but it appears to be very impressive set of upgrade and changes they made. Except for the two that I wanted, or hoped to have, but I am not alone. We are all desperately in need of good, and I mean good, smaller size coils

I would really have enjoyed grabbing the Simplex plus today with a 5 inch Double D coil or for some of the less trashy or is a 7 inch concentric coil. I don't need bigger coils then the 11-inch, and I don't need around concentric 9 in either as that was too heavy and poorly balanced with the rod Mount location.

I've used the Simplex plus enough to know what it can do, but it's in desperate need of smaller coils do better handle the very dense, iron littered sites. I sure hope they get smaller coils soon.

I'm going to go reinstall my settings and address the new modes and adjustments and I'll report back later this evening after I do some evaluation.

Otherwise, I have my CoRe, Relic, and Impact and Vanquish all loaded and ready to pull out about 8 in the morning. We're off to a different Ghost Town to breathe some fresh air and make sure we keep a safe distance apart of course. Too bad you can't get out of Canada to come down this way and join us for some fun

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Simplex Update Released April 17 2020

SvenS 78 April 17, 2020 03:37PM

I'll update later today. However, they missed two things.sad smiley

Monte 75 April 18, 2020 12:12AM

Re: I'll update later today. However, they missed two things.sad smiley

SvenS 61 April 18, 2020 04:59AM

New Park - Old Park and the Field and Beach modes.

Monte 55 April 18, 2020 06:13AM

Re: New Park - Old Park and the Field and Beach modes.

SvenS 69 April 18, 2020 09:40AM

I just got home and have my Simplex + + on the back seat.

Monte 55 April 18, 2020 06:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018