Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Made it out for a bit with my new Fors Core

April 23, 2020 04:46AM avatar
Kickindirt
I spent about 2 hours with it or so. Just playing around trying to see how I liked to run it. I did nab a really cool button with it. I forgot my headphones so that kinda ruined the whole experience with it. I'm not a big fan of using the speaker. Made it kinda tuff. I put it away and grabbed the deus and ended up finding 2 slivers with the deus. Also was gonna try out the snake coil on the anfibio but they sent me wrong coil for it. So waiting for the right one to show up dang. Post a couple pics of the button. Looks old

Joel, just remember, "playing around trying to see howI liked to run it" doesn't could as actual use-time. It's learning time, to help you get to know the abilities of the CoRe and what you're going to enjoy about the settings. THEN, once you are comfortable with your settings so they aren't on you mind, you can start to put in actual 'Use-Time' to see what you can find and be able to make a reasonable decision if the CoRe w/'OOR' DD coil has a place in your detector team. A good 2+ hours of FORS CoRe ONLY per hunt-day ... or more, for at least 10 hunt days ... or more, and you'll have 20 or more house of valid Hunt-Time.to know.

Sorry to hear you forgot your headphones. Fortunately for me, I have hand-held tote that I keep an extra set of headphones in the vehicle with a few other things, like an extra Pinpointer, 1 or 2 sets of batteries for quick changes afield, etc. I needed them when Gregg & I got to Rippville the other day. It was 'Darn it!!' 'Once again.!'angry smiley Properly adjusted the headphone position and -- SNAP !! -- Another set of White's Pro Star headphones snapped and broke apart. This hasn't been a one-time experience, either. Hadn't even plugged them into my detector yet and had to switch to my favorite Killer B 'Hornet' headphones which I fortunately had along. Only used this new set this year starting in late February or early March.

I need a new computer in order to see your photos, but congratulations on having a fun and successful hunt.

Monte

PS: Out of curiosity, what was the NEL Snake coil labeled for? Maybe you could post it and sell it. Not really needed if you have the 5" DD Anfibio coil.winking smiley

PS #2: I'm used to you using the Deus, so I'm curious what brand of wired headphones you like to use, but forgot to take along?

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2020 05:43AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Made it out for a bit with my new Fors Core Attachments

Kickindirt 206 April 22, 2020 05:34PM

Monte 133 April 23, 2020 04:46AM

Kickindirt 120 April 23, 2020 07:08AM

OregonGregg 119 April 23, 2020 04:46AM

D&P-OR 127 April 22, 2020 06:03PM

Kickindirt 124 April 22, 2020 06:19PM

D&P-OR 127 April 22, 2020 06:35PM

Kickindirt 127 April 22, 2020 09:02PM

D&P-OR 129 April 23, 2020 01:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 55
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020