Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attention all detector manufacturers.

June 03, 2020 01:36PM avatar
Common sense says the majority of consumers who purchase metal detecting products expect to have the best overall performance. If you make a detector that provides that, terrific. If you find an update can enhance your product, terrific.

One thing a serious or Avid detectorist does not need or want is a lot of fluff, a lot of inefficient or unuseful features, or wimpy poor performance.

I strongly encourage all manufacturers to not pay attention to the simple people out there who lack appreciation for a well-designed detector with ample performance potential.

If the consumer wants a simple, easy-to-use detector, that's not going to bother them with jumpy Target ID or inaccurate ID on deeper located targets they can go find it because there are many out there.

If a consumer fusses over the improved Simplex update with improved performance potential that was done to satisfy the more knowledgeable, the more active, the more experienced and the more avid detectorists .... then I suggest that individual just stick with a budget priced, inferior, marginally efficient detector. If they don't appreciate what was done to make the simplex an obviously more powerful and more performance-driven detector then I have a couple of suggestions for them:

Take up knitting

Take up crochet

Learn how to use an Etch A Sketch

Or invest your money in some creative coloring books and a big box of colorful crayons.

Please, do not ask reputable manufacturers to dumb down a quality product. And manufacturers, please ignore complaints from the few who want a detector with less performance.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

OOOOhhhh NO, another Simplex update 2.78

SvenS 121 June 02, 2020 06:11PM

Re: OOOOhhhh NO, another Simplex update 2.78

D&P-OR 60 June 03, 2020 05:00PM

Good question and here's a simple answer for all those simple people out there.

Monte 72 June 03, 2020 06:09PM

Attention all detector manufacturers.

Monte 68 June 03, 2020 01:36PM

Re: Attention all detector manufacturers.

jmaryt 53 June 03, 2020 04:16PM

JT, I'm referring to the other kind of simple people and simple detectors.

Monte 53 June 03, 2020 06:05PM

Re: JT, I'm referring to the other kind of simple people and simple detectors.

jmaryt 45 June 07, 2020 02:47PM

Re: Attention all detector manufacturers.

jmaryt 54 June 03, 2020 04:12PM

Kickindirt 65 June 03, 2020 07:27AM

SvenS 56 June 03, 2020 03:03PM

jmaryt 61 June 03, 2020 04:17PM

Druid 64 June 03, 2020 03:59PM

Drew if you don't get it back soon I have a brand new impact, extra coils, 0ne hour use, killer price N/T

Monte 51 June 03, 2020 06:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018